modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
daco, in rev 45 u made the following change

"remade magicword as it was a retarded approach. removed the magic word check
from priiloader and copied the checksum calculation from priiloader's bootstate
handling to installer to check the copied apps."

does this mean that the magicword.dol won't be able to launch the latest rev of priiloader??

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
daco, in rev 45 u made the following change

"remade magicword as it was a retarded approach. removed the magic word check
from priiloader and copied the checksum calculation from priiloader's bootstate
handling to installer to check the copied apps."

does this mean that the magicword.dol won't be able to launch the latest rev of priiloader??
that is correct. it was a retarded way to force priiloader to start. since you could just load the dol instead (minus the rights issue you'll have then, but its not like nobody can have/has his system menu with ES_Diverify patched. hell im sure most of you have cause of imo fail cioscorp). depending on when you run this ; this might need some changes in the priiloader settings/Patched IOS

if the new dol(loadpriiloader) is run from priiloader or system menu (using bannerbomb or something) then no ES_DIverify or IOS Settings must be changed
if the dol is loaded from HBC (or the channel if that reloads a different ios...) then you'll need to set the IOS in priiloader to the system menu IOS and have it ES_DIverify patched...

EDIT: ACTUALLY ! let me revert. i forgot 1 thing : autoboot settings. forget all about this
tongue.gif
(and this is why i dont consider myself a coder...)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
hmmm, a little confusing... so does loadpriiloader.dol work the same as magicword.dol but requires the system menu IOS to be ES_Idenitify patched if run from HBC?

Will the loadpriiloader dol work on priiloader rev30 and above? Or will it only work on rev 45 and above?

No rush and no pressure, but do u think a new official release is almost here?

re your edit: what should we forget about? r u keeping magicword.dol instead of loadpriiloader.dol?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
xflak40 said:
hmmm, a little confusing... so does loadpriiloader.dol work the same as magicword.dol but requires the system menu IOS to be ES_Idenitify patched if run from HBC?

Will the loadpriiloader dol work on priiloader rev30 and above? Or will it only work on rev 45 and above?

No rush and no pressure, but do u think a new official release is almost here?

re your edit: what should we forget about? r u keeping magicword.dol instead of loadpriiloader.dol?
i said revert
so that means im keeping the magicword.dol (sadly, i find it a bit...hacky)

also, just forget about the removal of the "magic word" check. ill add it back in once i commit again

and when will we see 0.3 officially released? well... when its done
tongue.gif

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Would it be possible to add some way to resync a wiimote with the wii in priiloader? Right now I'm stuck with two unsynced remotes until I can get myself a GC controller
rolleyes.gif

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Daco said:
has anyone who had the shutdown after turning on bug tried rev 42 or above? i need to know if its still there >_>

42 and above solved it. I had problems with 42 on booting to SM after hacks were modified but worked fine after first reset. Bug that caused console to turn off after a hard reset was fixed. I am on 45 and this one had fixed the hacks problem as well. Thank you.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Popopinsel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

maybe I'm just doing something very wrong but how do I get a forwarder (e.g. NForwarder for WiiFlow) working with Priiloader rev32? I've installed the forwarder DOL und set Priiloader to autoboot it but it just takes me to a black screen. Do I have to use a certain forwarder or revision of Priiloader?

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Popopinsel said:
Hi,

maybe I'm just doing something very wrong but how do I get a forwarder (e.g. NForwarder for WiiFlow) working with Priiloader rev32? I've installed the forwarder DOL und set Priiloader to autoboot it but it just takes me to a black screen. Do I have to use a certain forwarder or revision of Priiloader?

Same apps do not work thru priiloader.

Posts merged

QUOTE(kavid @ Dec 28 2009, 04:38 PM) thank you ?bula
NP

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried R45 and it seems that the Shutdown on boot issue is resolved but I would need to further test that to confirm. What I notice now is that the installed dol I use, Crazy Intro, has a brief 1 second pause before it begins its animation that wasn't there in 0.1 (which I've been using since all the issues came about). It's hardly something to get worked up about, but I am wondering why...

silverdtvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Query - whats the shutdown bug? Could it be the power down I get one out of two power on's (exactly one out of two). Unless I hold reset to boot priiloader - then it boots everytime...

Anyway, Trying to test the r45 release posted above by running the dol from HBC - and it crashes the Wii hard. Anything I need to be doing to test?

Daco

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
silverdtvw said:
Query - whats the shutdown bug? Could it be the power down I get one out of two power on's (exactly one out of two). Unless I hold reset to boot priiloader - then it boots everytime...

Anyway, Trying to test the r45 release posted above by running the dol from HBC - and it crashes the Wii hard. Anything I need to be doing to test?
crash?!

interresting... gib link to where you downloaded the dol (and if you compiled it yourself, tell me what libogc/DKP version you were using ) and tell me what is on the screen/picture of the DSI screen

also, if you dont see anything on screen it would be nice if you had a usbgecko
smile.gif

EDIT: also, was that during an update or install?
EDIT2: and did you have the balls to check if priiloader installed nicely?

silverdtvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To clarify, I was not installing, I was trying to run the priiloader.dol r45 directly from HBC - as I think this was the recommended way to test?

i.e. I'm not running the installer at all.

I downloaded a pre-compiled version posted by user "bula" a few posts above mine. The link is:

Priiloader.dol
http://www.megashare.net/HT3V1YVSTP3P/priiloader_45.dol.html

There is no crash dump report, the Wii attempts to display the "System files corrupted" message but the text is incomplete and garbled. It's then hard crashed.

I currently run on a NTSC Wii, 4.1U, Priiloader r32 installed, BootMii IOS.

Hope that helps.

bula

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
silverdtvw said:
To clarify, I was not installing, I was trying to run the priiloader.dol r45 directly from HBC - as I think this was the recommended way to test?

i.e. I'm not running the installer at all.

I downloaded a pre-compiled version posted by user "bula" a few posts above mine. The link is:

Priiloader.dol
http://www.megashare.net/HT3V1YVSTP3P/priiloader_45.dol.html

There is no crash dump report, the Wii attempts to display the "System files corrupted" message but the text is incomplete and garbled. It's then hard crashed.

I currently run on a NTSC Wii, 4.1U, Priiloader r32 installed, BootMii IOS.

Hope that helps.
I did not try priiloader.boot from HBC but I installed rev45 since the day was released and this is the most stable release for me since r15.

silverdtvw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that....

I'm game, and only tested it on a whim (I'm usually a break first, fix 2nd kind of guy....) - but seeing as it locks, I'm loathe to run the installer dol, as my bootmii is IOS only, so I need priiloader to recover....

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me get this straight... You have not installed R45 and are wondering why the App dol gives you an error message?!?! Are you kidding me?! I can tell you that the Installer works just fine and R45 works very well except for the strange pause I get with Crazy Intro right before it begins... (I mentioned this above but it was ignored). I would suggest installing R45 and THEN running the other dol!!!!!!

Edit: I just tried the Priiloader.dol referenced above and while it is error-free, it doesn't do what I expected which is to show the Priiloader config screen, but rather sends me to my Installed dol (Crazy Intro). I was pretty sure in the last version I tried of this particular forwarder dol that it sent me to the Config screen... But NO errors!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong