Priiloader installer and darkcorp question

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by temp4746, Jul 11, 2011.

Jul 11, 2011
  1. temp4746
    OP

Newcomer temp4746 Advanced Member

Israel
    I'm going to help a friend update his softmod, he also has a pre-modded wii, but with newer stuff than mine had but not quite up-to-date.
    I heard that the priiloader installer gives an (ciosspaghetti) cios infected error when trying to install with darkcorp installed.

Will using cios236 as per the gbatemp guides and the priiloader installer 236 mod (Of course without ahbprot) still work even with darkcorp installed (cios236 is a patched non-corped ios36 so it should work..?)

Did anyone try this and can tell me if this works?

2. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    update using modmii

3. temp4746
    OP

Israel
    That's what I'm doing [​IMG]
    But since this Wii already has DarkCorp installed and he doesn't want me to uninstall it but rather update it, I'm asking this question.

4. shortz1994

Member shortz1994 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    from what i've heard darkcorp doesn't play well with others(updating).. modmii i think over rides darkcorp.
    if he's one of the few that has a stable darkcorp. an he wants to keep it. then i don't think he can update using modmii. for that reason( over write). this is what i've read. in modmii, an on GBA.. any time someone has a problem with darkcorp.. they are told to update using modmii, to rehack..
    could be wrong.. mybe joostinline. or sizzer, would know how to do it.. [​IMG]

5. temp4746
    OP

Israel
    From my testing all what it takes to use darkcorp with modmii is to not install any ios wad's from modmii that darkcorp already installs so as to not overwrite darkcorp.
    ModMii does make wads for some ios's that darkcorp does not include, which you can install if you want.

My original question about the priiloader installer remains.

6. ddetkowski

Member ddetkowski GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    in modmii, you can pick and choose what to install.
    just pick priiloader.

7. temp4746
    OP

Israel
    I know that
    I think you misread my question.
    I'm asking whether there is a problem running the priiloader installer with darkcorp installed as some users reported getting an error (ciospaghetti) cios infected. (I guess the priiloader developer doesn't like darkcorp)

8. mauifrog

Member mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

United States
    Do this, dump cios36 to wad with wii mod, then install ios36 with all patches. Download priiloader and remove the "no_ios_reload" from the meta.xml. Install priiloader using the patched ios36. Then when priiloader is installed reinstall your cios36 that you dumped with wii mod.

You could also use modmii to update everything, update ios58, install hackmii 0.8, then install your cios and priiloader. When your done just reinstall darkcorp.

I have not tested but I suspect that priiloader gives the error because the cios is not fakesigned. It does not give this error on cioscorp 3.6 which is fakesigned. So probably if you dump cios36, then reinstall the cios36 which would be fakesigned priiloader would install on the darkcorp cios36. Maybe, it has no issue install on cioscorp 3.6 cios36 which is basically the same as darkcorp except it is not fakesigned, possibly some other differences.

9. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    the version of priiloader that comes with modmii is v0.7 236 mod, so the installer is launched using IOS236, meaning that it will work just fine even if darkcorp is installed.

10. mauifrog

United States
    I've been living in a cave. That is good to know. Does the 236 mod still install dvdx, or does it only use cios236?

11. XFlak

Canada
    huh? not sure what ur asking, but hopefully one of the following facts clears things up [​IMG]

-the only thing to ever install dvdx (AFAIK) was older versions of the hackmii installer
    -ios236 installer only installs IOS236 (patched IOS36 to slot 236), never dvdx
    -priiloader installer 236 mod only requires IOS236 in order to install properly (I think ahbprot installation is also an option if no_ios_reload is in the meta.xml, but not 100% sure about that)

12. mauifrog

United States
    Last I checked priiloader 0.7 installed dvdx and used it to reload ios with AHBPROT to avoid bricking wiis that do not have network. I was just wondering if the mod also did this, probably it does. Not sure if priiloader installs dvdx when installing with cios, it should not need to.

13. XFlak

Canada
    right right right! I'm not 100% sure, I don't think it installs dvdx, but i'm pretty sure it was burritoboy (aka Erik) who made the mod, he might know better than I

14. nobody_tw

Newcomer nobody_tw Advanced Member

Taiwan
    the priiloader installer gives an (ciosspaghetti) cios infected error when trying to install with darkcorp installed.
    =>
    I think you can try this method. It work for me every time.
    Use WAD manager v1.7 to install non-patched IOS58 (If your HBC is running form this ios)
    Exit HBC. Then, Install priiloader v7 form HBC as usually
    It should work !! [​IMG]

15. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    The mod is the exact same as the original in every way except it uses 236 instead of 36 when not using ahbprot mode. With that said, I have no idea about dvdx inclusion in priiloader, however doing a quick search for the keyword dvdx in the source folder it wasn't found, and daco is fairly good at commenting his code.

-Erik