Hacking Priiloader install failed (error 4294966267)

zelgadisgray

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, trying to install Priiloader and I always got this error using the default ios 61 or 249.

ES_Identify failed, error 4294966267. ios249 not patched with ES_DIVerify? using cios will probably solve this.

I'm using cios r20 base 56, so do I just ignore this error?

Thx

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can ignore the error and it should still work (I've done it using the same cIOS249 u are using). The reason why it fails is because priiloader v0.4 came out before cIOSs that use base 56, so priiloader is having problems recognizing the cIOS for what it is.

some people report that if they ignore the error it still won't install, so if for some reason it fails, use the method described in the ModMii guide below
Code:
X) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106 
password.txt couldn't delete error -106 

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
yes, u can hold b and press + to install using cIOS249. If priiloader doesn't like your cIOS249 because of the base it uses, u can always install a cIOS249 from rev17 and below (or rev18+ but using base 38) then use that cIOS to install priiloader
you do know the base prob has nothing to do with it right?
how straight forward can a "ret < 0" be ?
it failed period. the reason it shows the error wrong was cause daco screwed up on the error reporting

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I agree Tears is great. I even played thru it completely twice. I've been hooked on playing thru...