Priiloader Autboot Game - (or convert old Preloader hacks?)

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by kirkjerk, Jun 9, 2014.

1. kirkjerk
    OP

kirkjerk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    So, I'm surprised that one hack that didn't make it to the default 4.3 "hacks_hash.ini" is "Autoboot Game" - I'd really like to let my folks get into GC games without having to fiddle with the Wii Menu and remote!

Preloader's hacks.ini had

[Autoboot Game]
    version=418
    offset=0x8137A800,0x8137944C
    value=0x48000020,0x60000000

And I know hacks_hash.ini has
    maxversion= minversion= amount= hash= patch=

anyone know how to convert? I'm not sure what version means, and if I can just cross my
    fingers and hope that amount can be 1, and that hash = offset and value = patch
    (looking more closely at the patterns of typical offset vs hash values, they seem to
    be different ranges in general.)

Any help?

2. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    If you can't find a way to convert the hack, perhaps consider setting up Priiloader to autoboot a homebrew like GCBooter, slightly modified to auto boot, instead of needing to press A a million times to start the game. I've included the source code (it's already compiled of course, but in case it needs more tweaking, it can be changed). If you have Priiloader install it, and set it to autoboot to "Installed File", it'll basically turn your Wii into a Gamecube, giving whoever turns it on 5 seconds to insert a disk (or wait 5 seconds, and it'll boot the one in the Wii already). Apparently this homebrew doesn't work with every GC game in existence (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/GCBooter), so YMMV. Of course, you can always hold the reset button while turning the Wii on to get back to Priiloader at any time.

Attached Files:

3. kirkjerk
    OP

kirkjerk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    Hmm.. unfortunately it looks like Puzzle Collection (the main one I'm interested in) is only so-so with this system... also the system still needs to be able to play Wii still.

Really I just want "disc in on system boot, just play the damn thing", whether wii or gc or what not. It's frustrating nither Nintendo nor the hacketeers thought this was a priority

4. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It'd probably be possible to mash together Tinyload (a Wii game booter) and GCBooter, but I'm a bit short on time to experiment further at the moment. I might look into it later this week, but I won't promise anything. Perhaps making an autobooting GeckoOS might be a better solution..hmm. Hopefully you can find an ideal solution. :unsure:

5. kirkjerk
    OP

kirkjerk Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2014
    United States
    I appreciate the thoughts!

I thought I'd caught reference that it's trivial to convert hack.ini to hack_hash.ini, or it seems like it should be, both have such similar ideas... was there no talk in the community about it? I know most of the work is a few years old now, though.

6. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I wouldn't really know, I've not messed around with converting Priiloader hacks between differing SysMenu versions. I tend to put together small homebrew programs for my needs most of the time. Another loader I just remembered is Neogamma; I think it has autobooting, but I can't recall.

7. mauifrog

mauifrog DA KINE WiiHacker

Jan 21, 2010
    United States
    I tried this awhile ago. Never tested it myself and was told it did not work.

[Autoboot Game press RIGHT on gc pad in 4th port]
    maxversion=518
    minversion=416
    amount=1
    hash=0x80030000,0x7C1E0040,0x4180FF98,0x3C60
    patch=0x2C000002
    [Disc autostart]
    maxversion=518
    minversion=416
    amount=1
    hash=0x40820020,0x880100B6
    patch=0x48000020