Hacking Priiloader and A Patched System Menu?

ghost085

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys! Just had a quick question. Last night I re-softmodded my wii with Mauifrog's Softmod Any Wii guide starting at Chapter 2 (since i already have HBC). It was and still is 4.1u. I've used his guide before with no problems but this time I did it I chose to install the wads which create a "patched system menu 4.1". This is stated as being highly recommended so I figured, why not! My issue is that I can't get priiloader to "load". It says that it installed successfully but I cannot get into priiloader settings by holding down the reset button. It's almost like the reset button isn't being recognized. If I power down and restart holding in the reset it would takes me to the MMM manager. So I deleted the bootmii folder and tried again but it acts like I'm not even holding in the reset button. Just goes to the regular start up screen. Does anyone know if their is a fix to this? Do I need to just reinstall priiloader? Do I even need priiloader with this "patched" system menu? I'm hoping someone has experienced this before? Thanks alot!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
does your reset button work in the traditional sense (i.e. can you use it to reset your console?). If not, then you can load the magicword.dol to access priiloader to change your settings, but that won't help you if you ever actually brick and need to access priiloader before loading anything else.

http://priiloader.googlecode.com/files/magicword.zip

ghost085

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the response guys! I copied this from Mauifrog's tutorial":
Part 3- Install Priiloader (brick protection, you need this)
You should be in the Homebrew Channel
Launch Priiloader
Priiloader 0.7 Installer will load"

So, it looks like I already have 0.7 installed, correct? If so, then do you have any other ideas? Thanks again!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should not have anything to do with your installed system menu. See if it loads with magic word. Do a syscheck and see if it is installed. Priiloader works just fine with that menu, not sure what your issue is.

Also, try to remove disc, sd, usb, gc stuff, see if priiloader loads.

ghost085

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I extracted all of the contents of the magic word download to the apps folder and I am not seeing anything different on HBC? Did I do this right? I'm not sure how magic word even works..I couldn't find any tutorials on this!

ghost085

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to everyone! I was able to get into the priiloader settings by using magic word!! Still not sure why the reset button is not working but everything else is working flawlessly...thank you!

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Did you try booting the wii with usb/sd/disc/gc stuff removed, see if priiloader loads? You really want to be able to load priiloader at boot, it is not very useful if you can't do that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a +1