Price point for modded switch? and switch or oled?

emilin_rose

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm, well i do know a good computer guy, i'll ask him. but i'd still like to know a price point for the chip so i know how uch to save.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
People are suggesting using a laptop technician, I may add that you can get real good modding with cell phone guys too, the tools are even more adequate.

About the mods: Regular switch is easiest to do, switch lite is harder and the OLED is way harder.

To buy the chips, just search for HWFly on Aliexpress. It is not available always, but today it is.

Ondrashek06

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
People are suggesting using a laptop technician, I may add that you can get real good modding with cell phone guys too, the tools are even more adequate.

About the mods: Regular switch is easiest to do, switch lite is harder and the OLED is way harder.

To buy the chips, just search for HWFly on Aliexpress. It is not available always, but today it is.
I wouldn't say "easiest"... Mariko switch here, XKJ4000????? S/N. All 3 consoles (mariko, lite, oled) require a skilled technician, tools, and a hard-to-find modchip.

Revie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I paid ~200euro for mine 2nd hand.

Has been pretty great so far, just had to repair battery a few days ago which costed me 50eur

Fedaey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a guy a not far from me who repairs TVs in his home who has been my go-to for any soldering jobs I don't feel comfortable doing myself. I just mention what the project is or show him a video & he gets the items back to me usually in under 48 hours, & charges so little that I tip him because I feel bad. I found him searching "electronics repair" on Yelp, I'd suggest doing the same & coldcalling a few just to ask around.

As for price of console, I've seen an OLED go for around $500 online, and a little more expensive locally [funny enough].

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a guy a not far from me who repairs TVs in his home who has been my go-to for any soldering jobs I don't feel comfortable doing myself. I just mention what the project is or show him a video & he gets the items back to me usually in under 48 hours, & charges so little that I tip him because I feel bad. I found him searching "electronics repair" on Yelp, I'd suggest doing the same & coldcalling a few just to ask around.

As for price of console, I've seen an OLED go for around $500 online, and a little more expensive locally [funny enough].

Cheapest is around 550-600 here in the US that I have seen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-