MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm thinking of selling my desktop locally, as I have a laptop and do everything on that. Here's the specs: EDIT: Updated for correctness

HP Compaq dc7600 Small Form Factor

32-bit Pentium D 2.8 GHz (2 cores)
1.5 GB RAM (3 GB page file to make up for this)
Intel 89245G Express Graphics Chipset (256 MB VRAM)
Realtek High Definition Audio
LG 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
40 GB HDD
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet card
6 USB 2.0 ports in the back, 2 in the front

Windows 7 Professional
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (Registered)
Microsoft Office 2007
Several interesting programs, such as Sun VirtualBox and Google Chrome
USB Mouse
USB Keyboard
Old CRT monitor

But yeah, what do you all think I should set as a price for this?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Is it a Pentium D, or a Pentium Dual Core? The old Pentium D's were single core and inefficient. TBH, unless you sold it to somebody thats really computer illiterate, I don't think you can get more than $50 for it.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hankchill said:
You'd be lucky to get $100 for that package.
Serious? Despite the CPU and the OS? I know the RAM, HDD, and drive is all a joke, but come on. $100?
And it's dual-core, and a Pentium D AFAIK. I'll double-check on the specs after school, but I believe that's what it is.
And no worries, I'd be selling it on Kijiji, home to the computer illiterate.
rofl2.gif

D

Deleted User

I'd say about $85.
Oh its dual core. But come on, no DVD drive?

$110 max.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ZeWarrior said:
Is it a Pentium D, or a Pentium Dual Core? The old Pentium D's were single core and inefficient. TBH, unless you sold it to somebody thats really computer illiterate, I don't think you can get more than $50 for it.

pentium Ds were Intel's first dual cores which 2 real cores, but they used the Netscape architecture which was used on the Pentium 4 processors as well...so 2,4 Ghz is a joke, but I don't think it's 2,4 Ghz...the slowest Pentium D was 2,6 or 2,8 Ghz..but still...it's slow

so if you would get $100 you're lucky

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Raki said:
ZeWarrior said:

pentium Ds were Intel's first dual cores which 2 real cores, but they used the Netscape architecture which was used on the Pentium 4 processors as well...so 2,4 Ghz is a joke, but I don't think it's 2,4 Ghz...the slowest Pentium D was 2,6 or 2,8 Ghz..but still...it's slow

Yeah. Your HDD space is also very funny, now a days that's about 3-4 PC games and you are completely full
smile.gif

Good luck trying to sell it though.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Satangel said:
Raki said:
ZeWarrior said:

Yeah. Your HDD space is also very funny, now a days that's about 3-4 PC games and you are completely full
smile.gif

Good luck trying to sell it though.
Haha, I'd be marketing it as an "ultimate workhorse PC", as the hard drive space is only good for some music and some documents. Gamers would need to get a new HDD before the computer could be considered usable.

As for the monitor size, I'll check and update the first post after school.

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Minox_IX said:
Skyline969 said:
Gamers would need to get a new HDD before the computer could be considered usable.
Gamers would need to get a new PC
wink.gif

This. Yeah, Pentium D sucks ass, 40GB is NOTHING, 1.5GB RAM for Win7 is sluggish, and you think gamers could use 128MB integrated graphics? I think you may be the one who is computer illiterate...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thoob said:
Minox_IX said:
Skyline969 said:
Gamers would need to get a new HDD before the computer could be considered usable.
Gamers would need to get a new PC
wink.gif

This. Yeah, Pentium D sucks ass, 40GB is NOTHING, 1.5GB RAM for Win7 is sluggish, and you think gamers could use 128MB integrated graphics? I think you may be the one who is computer illiterate...
I think you may be the one with a reading disability. I said I'm marketing it as a work computer, but it can be upgraded to a gaming machine. Upgrade the HDD and RAM, and possibly buy a graphics card and you're golden. So it won't run Crysis or huge games, but for the average gamer it would suffice. The hardcore gamer need not inquire though.

And 1.5 GB for Win7 is sluggish?! My laptop has Win7 and 2 gigs of RAM, and this desktop runs faster than that. Mostly, it's not about the RAM, but the maintenance of the machine. This thing runs like greased lightning when it comes to casual use. I'm not a hardcore gamer, and I could care less about PC gaming (I prefer handhelds/consoles).

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
nitrostemp said:
only problem is the warranty, comapaqs are built to die after the warranty
I've personally tested it all, it's gonna last, and the warranty is long since gone. I perform regular maintenance on it (both software (registry, etc) and hardware (dusting, etc) and I make sure it's not gonna die anytime soon.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thoob said:

My netbook runs Windows 7 perfectly fine with just 1GB of ram and with aero running. 1.5GB of ram should be fine for browsing, office and so on with Win7.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edhel said:
Thoob said:

My netbook runs Windows 7 perfectly fine with just 1GB of ram and with aero running. 1.5GB of ram should be fine for browsing, office and so on with Win7.
Your netbook is also running at a lower resolution.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol