Hacking Preparing for a possible exploit (TN-V & TN-X)

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Hey guys,

I was using the 3.18 for the longest time, and while I didnt really touch my vita for quite a while, I remember we had to have some exploitable games to get eCFW to work.

With each firmware, the exploitable game was different, and for PS1, I remember Tekken 2 was recommended because it had the highest compatibility or something?

Now that 3.61 is out, we only have a short time to make our last minute purchases on the vita. I understand that if an exploit would happen, it would probably work with any game or even demo.

Therefore, what's the recommended PSP game/demo to get? What about PS1? Recommendations in this sense would be 1- size of the game and 2- compatibility (in case of PS1)

I also heard people mentioning minis being a good option due to its size, but I also heard that it has lower compatibility than regular games (again, due to its size?)

Either way, it would be great getting clarification on all of these issues, as I'm sure other people are wondering the same thing

Thanks

P.S: Please refrain from recommending game "X" just because "you used it and it works for you" or because "you like it".. I'm looking for actual knowledge here

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I use World of Pool - it's cheap (under 5 GBP) and only 100MB. You're not going to find much smaller or cheaper aside from Minis.

Many people here say Minis work fine. Reports in the past suggested that they are limited in what file size executables they can load. I prefered to not risk it.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I use World of Pool - it's cheap (under 5 GBP) and only 100MB. You're not going to find much smaller or cheaper aside from Minis.

Many people here say Minis work fine. Reports in the past suggested that they are limited in what file size executables they can load. I prefered to not risk it.
Thanks, I think I have that game (from a previous exploit?) :)
I also remember some talk about getting talkman travel tokyo? How does that compare to WOP?

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar

I've just accessed the store to check my purchases, and here are my findings:
- World of pool does not exist on US PSN store
- The game I have (used with 3.18 or 3.01 exploit? Cant remember) is King of pool, and that one is 71MB
- Talkman Travel Tokyo is only 18MB. I guess thats why I remember it being recommended
- Tekken 2 is unfortunately 485MB. Is that still the top game compatibility wise for PS1? or is there a better option?

Off-topic question: What's the difference between Open CMA and QCMA

Edit: World of pool is called Pool Hall Pro in the US

Last edited by Madridi,

lesstupidname

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use talkman for tn-v and xs moto for tn-x. I used xs moto because it's also only 58 mb. I'm hoping the old exploits will be reopened like the 3ds with flashcarts so I don't have to get new exploit games. Or just no need for entry point games would be even better.

But that's what I'm asking. How would you get OpenCMA to recognize it?
Connecting a lower firmware vita is what qcma or open cma is for. When you get into that screen you have passed the firmware check. I think. You still can't download a game on a latest firmware vita and sideload it into a lower firmware vita with same account.

Reactions: Madridi

nikowtich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just bought a Vita recently and love the feel of the console, it's really a shame that it wasn't a success.

Did you need a seperate game for PSOne? I'm living in PAL region and saved the Ape Quest Demo for a hypothetical ePSP exploit, but I couldn't find any PSone games whilst browsing the PSN Store on my PC, so should I get one before the update blocker ceases to work?

Madridi

Card Collector
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I just bought a Vita recently and love the feel of the console, it's really a shame that it wasn't a success.

Did you need a seperate game for PSOne? I'm living in PAL region and saved the Ape Quest Demo for a hypothetical ePSP exploit, but I couldn't find any PSone games whilst browsing the PSN Store on my PC, so should I get one before the update blocker ceases to work?
It's somewhat of speculation right now, but yeah that's what I recommend

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would wait ... the HENkaku exploit is currently beeing reversed (or probably made open source by the devs) ... once this happens, we can patch the PSP emulator during runtime to gain ePSP kernel access.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But that's what I'm asking. How would you get OpenCMA to recognize it?

That's the whole point of OCMA and QCMA, to connect to the PC without connecting to internet and checking for updates.

Once connected, you disconnect from the PC and it gives you a dissconected error screenwhile on this screen you connect to the PS3 and it goes thru.

It works because since the manager assistany on the vita is already running, ot thinks the update check was already done succesfully and coneccts to the PS3 without checking again.

guisadop

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
That's the whole point of OCMA and QCMA, to connect to the PC without connecting to internet and checking for updates.

Once connected, you disconnect from the PC and it gives you a dissconected error screenwhile on this screen you connect to the PS3 and it goes thru.

It works because since the manager assistany on the vita is already running, ot thinks the update check was already done succesfully and coneccts to the PS3 without checking again.
And on the PSTV is even simpler, just need to run VitaUpdateBlocker and you can connect to qCMA and PS3 without all these USB tricks :D :D :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2