Preparing back up files for godmode9

Gengangsta25

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Before I get started on doing any kind of method for downloading games on my device, what I want to know is if in order to preserve the files from the SD card, would it be all of the content inside of the SD card, or certain files? The only files I preserved in my computer so far were the ones instructioned at the end of the finalizing setup source in the 3ds hacks website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-04-07-11-48-57.png
    Screenshot_2022-04-07-11-48-57.png
    311.7 KB · Views: 21

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the only files you really need are the boot.firm, and you'll want your Nintendo 3DS folder as well (this houses your content). that's all I can think of that you do need.

Reactions: Gengangsta25

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I get started on doing any kind of method for downloading games on my device, what I want to know is if in order to preserve the files from the SD card, would it be all of the content inside of the SD card, or certain files? The only files I preserved in my computer so far were the ones instructioned at the end of the finalizing setup source in the 3ds hacks website.
Just like the image says: "These files will save you from a brick and/or help you recover files from the NAND image if anything goes wrong". If you don't brick your system somehow, then you don't actually need those files. People often lose their SD cards one way or another.

In other words, the only truly unique content worth preserving is your save data, which you generally have to manually export with Checkpoint. All game data can be re-downloaded from Nintendo's servers.

Reactions: Gengangsta25

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up