Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
MY BETA TESTING IS OVER... I HAVE GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS

the good news is, after running nand clean and reinstalling my system menu, I was able to reinstall preloader 0.30 and get it working properly (before it would just turn off right away, unless reset was held).

the bad news, for some reason my wii freezes on a black screen (stays on though) when trying autoboot to USB Loader GX (I'm not the only one).

the forwarder dol file I am installing is gxforwarder.dol and can be downloaded from here (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nykt4zyndzq).

If this issue can be resolved, I would say that 0.30 is superior to 0.29 is every way (instead of 90% of the ways). I know this may seem minor to a lot of people, but being able to boot to usbloadergx is the coolest thing about preloader, I really hope it gets fixed.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
I know this may seem minor to a lot of people, but being able to boot to usbloadergx is the coolest thing about preloader, I really hope it gets fixed.

Great minds think alike.
tongue.gif

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
maybe it will be easier for someone to make a new gxforwarder.dol that forwards to SD/USB:/apps/usbloader_gx

I tried this using "forwarder_creator_GUI_v2_by-suloku" and it did not work. But there must be a way to recreate the dol file, so its compatible with preloader 0.30. Otherwise... I might just stick to 0.29, which sux, because I like the new preloader so much more!

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
D34DL1N3R said:
Can someone else with USB Loader GX try installing this forwarder with .30 and see if it works when autobooting to it?

http://www.4shared.com/file/129415271/bece..._Preloader.html

pretty much everything works for me,
(but my wiikeys region free, but thats another story and nothing to do with this)

i am on 4.2u

D34DL1N3R
i cannot load your GXforwarder it code dumps for me... i dont feel like typing the code dump .. so i wont unless requested with a good reason

agentm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
xzxero said:
hmm my settings are:

autoboot to system menu
return to system menu
shutdown to off
stop disc off
light slot on error off
ignore stand by settings off
SM IOS 70

and it turns on and off like normal.
i dont think i understand your guy's problem.

Updated from Crediar's original v0.29 on 4.1E using exactly the same settings, other than IOS 60, and I now have to hold down the Reset button and access Preloader just to boot to the system menu. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but problem persists.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
theres a forwarder helper app at wadderdotnet that uses GX's forwarder source that might be able to make one, might need the source tweeked abit

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
xflak40 said:
maybe it will be easier for someone to make a new gxforwarder.dol that forwards to SD/USB:/apps/usbloader_gx

I tried this using "forwarder_creator_GUI_v2_by-suloku" and it did not work. But there must be a way to recreate the dol file, so its compatible with preloader 0.30. Otherwise... I might just stick to 0.29, which sux, because I like the new preloader so much more!
have you tried crazyintro and asigning another button pressed to load GX instead... i love crazyintro's they are all great but i still use the video 1 most

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ transam81: i'm on wii browser atm so can't check. i think the hacks are posted on wiibrew.org among other places. you can just copy and paste from wiibrew into your hacks.ini on the root of your sd.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
agentm said:
xzxero said:
hmm my settings are:

autoboot to system menu
return to system menu
shutdown to off
stop disc off
light slot on error off
ignore stand by settings off
SM IOS 70

and it turns on and off like normal.
i dont think i understand your guy's problem.

Updated from Crediar's original v0.29 on 4.1E using exactly the same settings, other than IOS 60, and I now have to hold down the Reset button and access Preloader just to boot to the system menu. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but problem persists.

run nand clean and reinstall your system menu, then reinstall preloader 0.30 and it will working properly (before it would just turn off right away, unless reset was held).

I posted this solution already, try not to ask Qs that have already been answered. But no worries, I hope this works for u as it did me.

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noobwarrior7 said:
scottyd33 said:
"unable to read ticket.... aborting mission."

suggestions?

no matter what I do, I get this too.

older wii.

3.2U

Preloader 0.28

cIOScorp

tried holding B with cIOSrev14
wow why u so outdated...4.1 blows 3.2 'outtadawater' and 4.2 aint so bad.. why not update???
ohhh yeah can t teach an old dog new tricks... toooo bad realy your missin out
(dont get offended , its just an observation)

peace out bother

scottyd33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
scottyd33 said:
"unable to read ticket.... aborting mission."

suggestions?

no matter what I do, I get this too.

older wii.

3.2U

Preloader 0.28

cIOScorp

tried holding B with cIOSrev14

Yep.. tried everything I can think of.. just got HBC 1.0.6 installed successfully if that has anything to do with anything.

Held B when trying to install, no dice. Any more suggestions?

transam81

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok so the prob my prob is that preloader does not recognize my Sandisk micro sd/hc card. i don't think it's the preloader so much as my 4.2 firmware. because preloader .29 read this very same card when i ran 4.1.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like my menu theme....don't feel like porting it....and I don't like the sd menu....and 3.2 takes up approx 90 blocks less.
+triforce/SNEEK FTW.

plus I have nostalgic love for starfall that no one will ever take from me.

0.28 cause there was no autoupdate and I'm lazy....and this is supposed to work with it.

and I like to laugh at nintendo and be like "nahnahnah...I'm chilling back before you even started trying to block stuff and I can play everything!"

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
transam81 said:
ok so the prob my prob is that preloader does not recognize my Sandisk micro sd/hc card. i don't think it's the preloader so much as my 4.2 firmware. because preloader .29 read this very same card when i ran 4.1.

is 0.29 SDHC compatible? i dont think it is thats why .30 has SDHC support now plus i cant use my SDHC card with 0.29

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's only one binary in this thread...thats the one you run. sources are for looking at, stealing without credit, and for making joke programs that look like they do something.

like when I steal phpgeek's source, feed it to my rabbit, and don't give him any credit.....that's what they're for.

and there are no dumb questions here. just ones that get asked over and over again. but that wasn't one.

I have a 3.2U with 0.29 unCorped...so I'll try that here in a minute.....I suppose.

considering the population here, I'm not thinking CORP is the problem, its probably the 0.28.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress