wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
brownmurder said:
i couldnt run my pal games with force disc region on
i just got a black screen, turned it off and alls good again

yes thats true for me also,

but how do you get non region games to run is the question i am asking?

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just thought the other hack would do it but i havent tried yet

[Region free Wii games]
version=289
offset=0x81379818
value=0x38600001

[Region free Wii games]
version=289
offset=0x81377AC4
value=0x38000001

or

[Region free Wii games]
version=290
offset=0x813798C0
value=0x38600001
[Region free Wii games]
version=290
offset=0x81377B6C
value=0x38000001

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
those are the ones i have tried, no new non region games are working so far that were not working just by using cioscorp

guess the hacks.ini does not help........still testing games

i am not saying no non region games are working.....just that so far no additional ones are working if you use the hacks.ini

what i am trying to find is a ntsc game that doesnt work UNLESS you enable a hack on a pal system

if i find one i'll let you know, then i'll know that the region free hack is working

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader is not just for running free region games on you Wii. You can config how your Wii boots up, what boots up, set hacks that control what your Wii does and you can unbrick brick your Wii.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
AsosaYoung said:
Preloader is not just for running free region games on you Wii. You can config how your Wii boots up, what boots up, set hacks that control what your Wii does and you can unbrick brick your Wii.

i know that its main use is for other "things" which are all superb and seem to work just fine

i am questioning the region free , i have tried 70 ntsc games on my pal wii, 50 work fine (and were working before preloader), 20 games still do not work both with and without the hacks enabled......the ntsc games that i can not get working in the disc channel are:

amf bowling world lanes
are you smarter than a 5th grader
Battalion Wars 2
bratz girlzs really rock
Brunswick Pro Bowling
cooking mama world kitchen
Donkey Kong Barrel Blast
Game Party 2
Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009
Kororinpa Marble Mania
luxor 3
mario party 8
neighborhood games
okami
professional bull riders
rock band 2
summer sports island party 2
tales of symphonia dawn new world
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
wii music

if a pal user has managed to get an ntsc version of one of the above games to load up using disc channel please could they let me know so that i may question how they did so

if not this isnt a bad start to a list of games for developers to use during free region testing

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have a question. I've installed Any Title Deleter (the one who come with riskii) as file with preloader, just to be safe, but if I try to launch it from preloader, I get a ret=-4 error.
If I use the regular Any Title Deleter by Tona from HBC it works. Should I try that version or AnyTitleDeleter cannot work from preloader?

to Beast666: Nobody answer you because if use the SEARCH FUNCTION OF THE FORUM, you can find the answers...

thatguyyouknow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very strange bug to report.

When booting to the system menu, then launching the HBC, then launching Brawl through Gecko OS, everything is normal. But if I boot straight to the HBC, and launch Brawl through Gecko OS, some of the sounds are change. It only seems to affect higher pitches sounds. There are many other small changes, but this is the most noticeable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-l_l71ZQ_bo

HaniKazmi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dottor_male said:
I have a question. I've installed Any Title Deleter (the one who come with riskii) as file with preloader, just to be safe, but if I try to launch it from preloader, I get a ret=-4 error.
If I use the regular Any Title Deleter by Tona from HBC it works. Should I try that version or AnyTitleDeleter cannot work from preloader?

to Beast666: Nobody answer you because if use the SEARCH FUNCTION OF THE FORUM, you can find the answers...
try the normal one and see if that works

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiigee said:
took the plunge and installed softmii using preloader 0.27 instaed of 0.26 that was in the package.....

now the reason for installing it was to have region free games working from the disc channel

but so far all the hacks.ini i have tried cause no backup games to work from disc channel not even my own (pal) region ones

if i remove the hacks all my own region games work, which is identical to what i had just with ciospack

has anyone got a working region free hacks.ini for a pal system using preloader 0.27?

yes using all pal hacks in the default ini works perfect here including force disc region.

wiigee

Trophies
XP
Country
Wiisel said:
wiigee said:
took the plunge and installed softmii using preloader 0.27 instaed of 0.26 that was in the package.....

now the reason for installing it was to have region free games working from the disc channel

but so far all the hacks.ini i have tried cause no backup games to work from disc channel not even my own (pal) region ones

if i remove the hacks all my own region games work, which is identical to what i had just with ciospack

has anyone got a working region free hacks.ini for a pal system using preloader 0.27?

yes using all pal hacks in the default ini works perfect here including force disc region.

could you tell me what games you tried to verify that force disk region is working? i have tried 70 NTSC and 20 do not work (all 70 working in gamma)......the 50 that do were allready working in disc channel loading anyway using just cioscorp......the hacks ini has not shown any improvement....so if you could provide details of what you have tried.....

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yeah i have same thing as Wiigee:

If i enable all hacks, my pal games show a black screen, but ntsc games work, if i disable force region hacks, only my pal games work.... and if i only disable one of the 2 force region hacks, when you boot up the wii it boots in slow motion AND it crashes after about 2 seconds of showing the system menu.

At the moment i am using an old 60hz tv with original cables, gonna try it on my lcd with components later.

Edit:

Im using softmii 0.9.5, and i updated preloader myself (figuring out that it was packaged with bloody 0.25! and in the .doc it talked about 0.26!) im using the 0.27 hacks ini (as listed by D-Jay).

I read up on softmii 1.0 and have the hacks.ini from that which is apparently "fixed" but also read in its release thread that its not fixed....

Wiisel: any chance of you pasting up the ini your using? (or when you say "in the default ini" do you mean in the one that came with preloader 0.26 (as packaged with softmii 0.9.5 *cough* 0.25 *cough*) or as in the one packaged with 0.27 of preloader?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: