Hacking Preloader to Priiloader

DigitalSquirrel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sittin on Preloader and I wanna make the upgrade to Priiloader, can I just go ahead and install it over Preloader? Or how would I go about doing things.. Sorry for the newbness, I've been out of the Wii-scene for months now, and I'm just trying to get back up to speed.

Thanks to everyone that helps!

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah its really easy i held B to install to use ios249 to install, and it worked with no problems, just hold your breath if you don't have bootmii

razorback78

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
VashTS said:
yeah its really easy i held B to install to use ios249 to install, and it worked with no problems, just hold your breath if you don't have bootmii
the recent release of priiloader doesn't have problems at all. there is really nothing to worry about shifting from preloader to priiloader.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
razorback78 said:
VashTS said:
the recent release of priiloader doesn't have problems at all. there is really nothing to worry about shifting from preloader to priiloader.

That is to say, if you want to use a forwarder dol to autoboot cfg usb loader then prepare for issues.
I have not been able to run priiloader with the new forwarder from baduncles without issues.
CFG-USBloader starts fine first time but I get code dumps after quitting a game.

Have changed back to preloader 0.29 and the old Nforwarder.

If you don't use this functionality it is ok to go ahead....
rolleyes.gif

Daco

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
wiiuser2 said:
razorback78 said:
VashTS said:

That is to say, if you want to use a forwarder dol to autoboot cfg usb loader then prepare for issues.
I have not been able to run priiloader with the new forwarder from baduncles without issues.
CFG-USBloader starts fine first time but I get code dumps after quitting a game.

Have changed back to preloader 0.29 and the old Nforwarder.

If you don't use this functionality it is ok to go ahead....
rolleyes.gif
hey, at least baduncle started to work on that issue
unlike every bloody creator of a forwarder (except for usbloader gx , they made a new forwarder that works) who hasn't done jack shit so far with the forwarders

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
preloader and priiloader are not the same program. and should not be treated as such. it is only 1 line of code to change to get a forwarder that was made to work with preloader to work with priiloader. refer to the longwinded post at the bottom of this page. http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=181011&st=705

Hi giantpune,

that makes sense........thanks for the info.
And thanks to baduncles for working on this topic......

BTW: the workaround today is to use the correct working GX forwarder and rename the configurable usb loader folder to usbloader_gx
rolleyes.gif
Not nice if you also want to use GX now and then......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, Meth cake lol