Preloader Questions

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by drfsupercenter, Apr 3, 2009.

Apr 3, 2009

Preloader Questions by drfsupercenter at 5:04 AM (494 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    OK, so I noticed that Preloader is now working on menu 4.0.

So I just had a few questions - as I'm used to Starfall.

Basically, the features I want/need are this:

Region free GameCube/Wii games, as well as region free channels (I believe Starfall had those three in succession)
    Disabling any sort of disc-based auto-updates, to avoid something Nintendo does to disable hacks
    Booting from the disc when you press Y on the first GameCube controller (as a brick protection)

I know they say Preloader has brick protection, but how? I actually USE the GameCube thing, since I take my Wii to school and I don't feel like taking a sensor bar and Wiimotes just for playing Brawl.

Anyone have a hacks.ini that does those and ONLY those? I don't want to remove the BGM music, or heath warning, or any of that... nothing that makes the Wii look not legit.

On a side note, does anyone have a customized Preloader that will make it so Nintendo can't install updates to 4.0 without the user knowing? That might solve a lot of the paranoia that's going around about 4.0 [​IMG]

2. menage730

Member menage730 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    if you have a ntsc the only hacks available are skip disc update if you have pal several work just check the thread for 4.0 hacks as for brick protection it you brick you can recover by restarting wii & holding reset going to hbc & lets you downgrade back to 3.2

about that i really doubt nintendo is capable of that & if they could it would have to be through wii connect being soft modded dont really use the shop channel anyways so i keep it off i never really accepted eula any way lol so how are they gonna update me or anybody else who never used wii connect or the shop channel

3. drfsupercenter
    OP

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    My Wii is hardmodded as well. [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure there's one for NTSC 4.0... it's listed in the changelog of version 0.29. Or am I wrong?
    So the brick protection is what exactly? You can open HBC and then use AnyTitleDeleter to remove the program causing the brick?

Does it have the ability to run the disc when you hold reset, or press a button on the GameCube controller?