GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's a complete guide to what preloader does and doesn't do.

PRELOADER HAS NEVER BRICKED ANYONE. IF YOU THINK YOU ARE BRICKED, BOOT HBC AND REINSTALL PRELOADER.
Nope, it hasn't. If you get the "System Files are corrupted" message, just reinstall preloader. Away it goes!

PRELOADER CAN BE UNINSTALLED EASILY.
Just re-install the system menu, which also won't brick you. You can just use WAD Manager and a System Menu WAD from NUS Downloader, or use Waninkoko's Firmware Downgrader.

PRELOADER DOES NOT LEAVE TRACES.
Just re-install the system menu, and away it goes. Not hard to remove.

PRELOADER CAN RECOVER FROM WAY MORE BRICKS THAN STARFALL CAN.

Banner bricks, bad theme bricks, bad region bricks, and many more. All without a GC controller and/or having to have the TW Hack in NAND.

PRELOADER WORKS ON 4.0 FOR BRICK RECOVERY.

Starfall doesnt, and is outdated. StartPatch does, but again, it needs TW Hack in NAND to work, and 4.0 blocks that.

So, in conclusion, there's no reason not to use it. Make sense?

yoitsme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually that's not entirely true. It does leave many "traces" even after you reinstall the system menu. But you can delete the traces by using the NAND cleaner app.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yoitsme said:
Actually that's not entirely true. It does leave many "traces" even after you reinstall the system menu. But you can delete the traces by using the NAND cleaner app.
Actually, you are wrong. That was a bug of an earlier version of preloader, that is now fixed.

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually you are wrong. There are several traces leftover that can't be removed in 0.29. If you use hacks.ini and reinstall the system menu, then re-installing preloader will still load the hacks.ini leftover from the previous installation. NAND cleaner doesn't work for the new version.

icefireicefire

GBATemp Fails.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Several -> you mentioned one thing, but, whats another?

and, btw starfall leaves traces too. NAND filesystems keep records (go check hackmii if you don't believe me)

dvd-guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Here's another one. Installer preloader with hacks.ini. Enable some hacks and then edit your hacks.ini to remove one line. The order of enabled/disabled does not change, and thus can enable the wrong hack. It's unknown whether the hacks that say enabled are actually enabled or if the status is merely not updated. I haven't tested that.

Dteyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thc42O said:
iso less nerd rage.

This about sums it up...

ffffuuuuuu.jpg

WiiBlaster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread quickly went to Preloader Never Bricks to a Preloader VS Starfall
its all kindof Lame

Why people compare i'll never know

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Also I heard Preloader places itself before the menu. Okay, so can't you just disable that and if you want to enable Preloader again you can just hold RESET while powering the Wii on?

Link5084

Sword & Shield at your service
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
yes, you can disable it, and hacks.ini is the right one (but you don't need it at all once you install the hacks)

Okay, I was kinda confused because naming "boot.dol" doesn't work in my apps but "boot" works. So I was wondering if the same thing applied to "hacks.ini"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: