Preloader help

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cksamurai, Sep 14, 2009.

Sep 14, 2009

Preloader help by cksamurai at 2:47 AM (441 Views / 0 Likes) 1 replies

1. cksamurai
    OP

Newcomer cksamurai Newbie

Barbados
    I have a big problem with my wii, its firmware is 3.3u, i installed the homebrew chanell with the bannerbomb exploit and every thing went perfectly. i backed up my nand, next thing i did was to install mplayer ce and the usb 2.0 support update followed by cIOSCORP. everything was running find but i made the mistake of installing preloader 0.28 because i wanted to block the update from the backed up game i had. preloader hacks.ini would'nt work due to my system menu 3.3u. anyway i was fustrated and i formatted my wii and iam left with preloader at boot which then loads systemmenu, hbc has been deleted along with bootmii, but i cannot get the hackmi installer to work anymore. i run the boot.dol file from preloaders menu but the installer frezes when iam about to press the 1 button to run install. please help me some one, and sorry for this long noob sob story. i just want to get rid of preloader and get back hbc. :confused:

2. Covarr

Member Covarr Sentient Cash Register

United States
    Did you install bootmii to IOS or boot2? If boot2, you shouldn't need to reinstall it, as it would be untouched by a normal system format.