1. WiiJohn

WiiJohn Member
    Newcomer

Many thanks phpgeek, I downloaded the modded 0.29 and works great on my 3.2E. I now have all my ducks in a row.

Preloader will link to new HBC
    new bootmii will link to new HBC
    USB Loader GX now links to new HBC.

Although the modified Preloader is still 0.29, urherenow is perfectly right, it does the main thing of working as before with the new HBC.

If in the case of an inadvertant update to 4.2, with this setup you could retain HBC and get into it from bootmii.

An official update to Preloader would be great, but this will do for now.

2. babsy98

babsy98 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader

Since there is still a high demand for preloader and I don't really want to work on it anymore I thought it would be the best to release the source. Source is released under GNU GPL 2.

preloader source 0.3 is online

3. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Thanks. I compiled and it doesn't seem to work for me. Can't read the hacks.ini on my sd card, can't boot hbc, can't boot system menu, can't save settings. I'll wait for someone else to get this one functional this time around [​IMG]

4. s3phir0th115

s3phir0th115 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I downloaded it, and I can confirm it's true.

Someone outta update it. Right now we need to incorporate IOS70 patching in it, maybe make it use an IOS of your choice for install, make it use JODI instead of HAXX, etc.

5. zektor

zektor GBAtemp Maniac

United States

Well, that might be why it didn't work for me...haha. I automatically assumed it was updated to the latest system menu and just compiled....since it was labeled "v0.30"

6. piratesmack

piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Wow, awesome.
    Thanks, Crediar!

7. stev418

stev418 GBAtemp Fan

ok, so without the installer we can just replace the old .dol with the new one? well i did try to hew the dol into the installer but obvioiusly my cygwin build was larger then old dol

8. LufianGuy

LufianGuy GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So when is someone going to edit this so it links to the JODI HBC instead of the HAXX HBC?

9. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I already have it edited... problem is that the installation routine is stripped out of the source! Either that or I have no clue how to compile it. I have a working .dol, but it runs from the homebrew channel. It doesn't 'install' preloader.

if anyone can help me I'd appreciate it, otherwise I DO have a hacked system menu wad so you can keep the old HBC and such [​IMG]

10. phpgeek

phpgeek GBAtemp Regular

11. WiiJohn

WiiJohn Member
    Newcomer

Many thanks phpgeek. I've just installed your loader worked first time. I already had the JODI version that linked to the new HBC. This simplifies things for people who didn't have it to start with.

I'm on 3.2, will this work with 4.2?

12. G0dLiKe

G0dLiKe who needs a title ;)

United States
    Yes.

13. irockagain

irockagain Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    phpgeek,

1. Are you the official maintainer now of Preloader? I noticed you merged some changes by DacoTaco into your release.

source: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/Third_Party_Mods/phpgeek

2. By the way, are there any additional steps in removing/uninstall this (if I decide to) over the last release by crediar?

3. How come the original Preloader 0.29 installer released by crediar is not on the wiibrew.org site anymore (only the source)?

14. XFlak

XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    hey man, check out this thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=185487&st=345

it answers a bunch of u Qs

15. irockagain09

irockagain09 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Thanks!

16. honeypa

honeypa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Is there a way to make it NOT boot to preloader everytime I start the Wii. I even changed the system menu to autoboot to system menu and return to system menu, but everytime I boot the Wii it keeps on going to preloader. Anyway to fix this?

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

ok the new mod was genius i think.

18. Deleted User

Deleted User Newbie

19. melodical

melodical GBAtemp Regular

Sorry to bump this thread again guys but i am still on softmodded Pal 4.1E and have not updated my hbc to the latest version but it keeps annoying me to do so every time i go into the hbc.

I would liike to update but was worried about the hbc>jodi naming issue so i havn't updated it yet! I also did not want to goto 4.2 as it seems like a pain in the arse for occassional disc based gaming!

I also booted into preloader 0.29 on my wii today and it is giving me the option to update to 0.30.

So, you guys are saying to steer clear of the official update through the preloader screen, right? Is it now safe to update via online/preloader. Has the hbc>jodi issue been sorted out through the official update?

If the official preloader hasn't been changed appropriately as yet, why is crediar still distributing the update to all preloader 0.29 users! Cant he take the ftp or file transfer down? Or has he done this already? Would the donload for the update now fail?

I just want to stay on 4.1 but also update to the new hbc and preloader if possible without screwing anything up!! HBC is getting on my tits with the update screen everytime I go into HBC.

Please tell me i can now update online officially through preloader to 0.30 and update hbc as well? Any particular order of installation?

Or is Priiloader the only way forward from here?

I have bootmii as boot 2 as well as preloader!

Thanks! [​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Preloader,