Hacking Preloader 0.30 is out

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My understanding was the whole point of Preloader is to load before the system menu to avoid any updates like 4.2 causing irreversible issues down the road. If I have a problem (or a brain fart), I just reload from my SD card backup and I'm good to go again. It's the whole reason I installed it in the first place. Am I correct in this assumption?

Does anyone know if Nintendo can override Preloader like it did with Bootmii and the HBC on the 4.2 update? Does it reside in boot1 or boot2? The reason I ask is I read Nintendo can change boot2, but not boot1.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Preloader is not there to stop system updates but more for brick protection from some disk updates and banner bricks. it is useless against a Ninty system update

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wiistarter said:
Preloader is not there to stop system updates but more for brick protection from some disk updates and banner bricks. it is useless against a Ninty system update
Good to know, thanks. I thought if I updated something by mistake I could just use Preloader to load an old backup to go back to an older working version. That is the main reason I installed it anyway. Well that and automatically blocking disc updates.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Retal said:
How do you install a new hacks.ini (not changing the version of preloader itself). Also, where is hacks.ini stored after installation?

You just replace your old one with a new one in the root of your sd card

Takoru

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
sess said:
Huh, the updater tells me IOS 60 has the fakesign bug and something else (screen cuts off the message), and I can't update. I'm pretty sure my IOS 60 was not fakesigned. :s
I still got this problem.

I really like preloader, I'm using 0.29 since it's out.

So, could someone please help me?

I just don't know, what I did wrong before.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Retal said:
wiistarter said:
You just replace your old one with a new one in the root of your sd card
Really? To me that implies that the hacks.ini file is read off the SD card each time it runs, but it isn't, because the hacks are still present even without the SD card inserted.

As far as I am aware it reads from the sd card when you go into the settings menu (delete the hacks.ini and try to modify the hacks settings)

After applying the hack preloder modifies something so the hacks are stored so the SD card is not needed but will be if you want to modify the hacks

lightyear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine doesn't autoupdate either...Never seen an option for that in my life. I can't find any .30 on wiibrew either...where is the update? It lists .30 as the most recent version, but it says .29 is the most recent download available.

Can someone please just link us to the download already?

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lightyear, you misunderstand.

supposedly at this time, it is only available via autoupdate, which IS customary of crediar, he has done that with all recent releases, wait awhile before actual dol is released.

I simply can't verify anyone in the US has been able to do so.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.