Hacking Preload a game you plan to pirate?

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't this place used to at least put up the pretence of not supporting piracy?
Not really... GBAtemp used to serve GBA ROMs back in the day (and pretty much only stopped offering anything copyrighted in order to avoid legal issues), so the staff doesn't really care whether you pirate or not. The other members are another story though.

Last edited by YayMii,

SRKTiberious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. I really don't know why Nintendo decided to make EU wait a week for it. It's tied to the eShop for your region, and they're probably not gonna upload the seed until EU release date.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I plan to dump my cart copy onto cia, is that considered piracy?
Morally, I wouldn't consider it as such. Legally, it depends on the country. In the US, my understanding is it is perfectly legal to dump your own media for backup purposes (I wanna say only one backup is allowed?), however breaking encryption is illegal, so ripping DVDs, for example, is illegal because you have to decrypt it to do so. Wonderful little loophole there to make backing stuff up illegal.

Blue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not that I know of. I really don't know why Nintendo decided to make EU wait a week for it. It's tied to the eShop for your region, and they're probably not gonna upload the seed until EU release date.
I'll just have to install the US CIA on launch I guess.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also, thank you, YayMii, for letting me know how to 'fix' the preload. eShop seems to act as though I've actually bought the game, which I find interesting. I wonder if this will trick Nintendo's servers or not, but worst case, I can redownload on the 18th.
It only needs to check the distribution date on release day :P As I've mentioned, I've preloaded the Gen 1 Pokémon games when those landed on the eShop before the North American release, and they booted just fine on release day after this "fix".

Also: @Aqib Ali: Yeah, this method will unlock based on your region. I think you'll just have to download a cryptofixed CIA on release day.

Last edited by YayMii,

Genetic935115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im still asking about one thing, is someone going to try and get it since its being shipped to the stores today and yesterday?
Maybe there is a random guy with the tools to dump it and get it early

dpad_5678

Ape weak on own. Ape strong in unity.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who the fuck would pirate a non-spinoff Pokemon game? At least show SOME fucking support to Nintendo...... Holy shit

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Who the fuck would pirate a non-spinoff Pokemon game? At least show SOME fucking support to Nintendo...... Holy shit
Pirating it doesn't necessarily mean not paying it. I like to have my games in cartridge format but play them in digital format, and I also like not having to wait before being able to play a game that is just out.

Blue

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It only needs to check the distribution date on release day :P As I've mentioned, I've preloaded the Gen 1 Pokémon games when those landed on the eShop before the North American release, and they booted just fine on release day after this "fix".

Also: @Aqib Ali: Yeah, this method will unlock based on your region. I think you'll just have to download a cryptofixed CIA on release day.
I can use the US seed on the EUR game.

AecdArmy

Biscuit#0001
Trophies
Website
mariebot.tech
XP
Country
Australia
I'm currently using a 128GB SD card. I only got 2GB of space left and I plan to upgrade to a 256GB before Pokémon Sun/Moon come out.

I have a 32GB that has lasted me ever since I put CFW on my N3DSXL (Now have A9LH) I just delete games I don't play since I don't really play me 3DS all that often anymore.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1