Prefer Operating system?

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly my prefered one gose like this (Most to less) Windows XP, Windows 10, Linux Mint, Fredora, Arch, Windows 98, MS-DOS, Chrome OS, Pepermint Linux , Lubuntu (Never again will i touch this OS.... too many crashes)

So everyone on the temp.... what OS do you all use?

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
I use Windows 10, 11 and PopOS currently. However I'd say Windows XP and 7 are my all time favourite versions of Windows, not that I use either of them today.

Windows XP was amazing back in the day, people used to customise every part of it from the boot screen to the logon screen, theme, mouse pointers, packs to change all the icons. In addition it was actually stable, fast user switching was great for shared family PC's and remote desktop was really useful.

Windows 7 was like a modern Windows XP with great 64bit support.

Windows 10 attempted to rectify the mistakes of Windows 8, I like Windows 10 for the vastly improved HiDPI display support. I wouldn't want to use a 4K monitor on earlier versions of Windows.

Raku3702

Trophies
Website
www.kamowin.com
XP
Country
Spain
Honestly my prefered one gose like this (Most to less) Windows XP, Windows 10, Linux Mint, Fredora, Arch, Windows 98, MS-DOS, Chrome OS, Pepermint Linux , Lubuntu (Never again will i touch this OS.... too many crashes)

So everyone on the temp.... what OS do you all use?
Windows 10, but I prefer macOS design.

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I like Mint a lot, it is indeed my favorite OS ever, but I have the bad habit of buy very cheap PCI-e boards for my PC, two of those (SATA extender and Wifi board) simply do not work on mint no matter what, so for those two crappy boards I got back to windows 10, witch I like too, but like way less.

For older OS my favorites are the MS Dos and windows 98 for the games they have.

Notable mention for batocera. I'm addicted to it, have two builds of batocera and one emulation device using emustation that is similar to batocera.

RaptorDMG

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I use Windows 11 for my laptop desktop and Ubuntu server for my home server.

My favourite windows is windows 7 since it had a great user interface and my favourite Linux is a tie between fedora and manjaro

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Used to have windows+ubuntu dualboot longtime ago, when viruses on VISTA were literally crawling out of Window (get it? lul), and Ubuntu was almost virus free.

now window is getting better and better, no more viruses on it (except ur a idiot and install it on purpose), WINDOWS 11 PRO ONLY, as a PC gamer i'm done messing with dualboot.

TomRiddle

Yare Yare Daze
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I use Windows 11 on my desktop for gaming, might have gone with Windows 10 instead but because I decided to go with 12th gen Intel I had to use the former for e-core support tho it's been pretty good so far so no complaints.

As for my laptop I've decided to daily drive Mint mainly just for fun and because I don't game on it anymore so the couple of multiplayer games I couldn't play due to anticheat is no longer a problem anymore.

But who knows, maybe someday when the Nvidia Open Source drives become on par with AMD and anticheat (in games) is no longer a problem for Linux, I might just consider dabbling in it for my PC as well.

sombrerosonic

Idiot machine
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I use Windows 11 on my desktop for gaming, might have gone with Windows 10 instead but because I decided to go with 12th gen Intel I had to use the former for e-core support tho it's been pretty good so far so no complaints.

As for my laptop I've decided to daily drive Mint mainly just for fun and because I don't game on it anymore so the couple of multiplayer games I couldn't play due to anticheat is no longer a problem anymore.

But who knows, maybe someday when the Nvidia Open Source drives become on par with AMD and anticheat (in games) is no longer a problem for Linux, I might just consider dabbling in it for my PC as well.
Just a heads up on the linux thing, Linux mint is your best bet for a User freindly one. AVOID UBUNTU, LUBUNTU, XNBUNTU OS'ES They are pretty trashy and your better off with Linux mint

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OpenSUSE Leap 15.4. Windows fucking sucks and has slowly been stripping away privacy and liberties of the user since Windows 8, with it only getting worse and worse with Windows 11. I work in a tech repair shop and let me fucking tell you, I genuinely lose track of how many people come in confused that they have to pay upwards of $100 for shitty office software you can effortlessly replace with LibreOffice and OpenOffice (objectively superior products, and not just because they're free) but also because Windows 10 did some r-worded shit like update at a critical moment and fuck up the client's files or OS structure.

The forced updates, the forced anti-virus, and all of that other nonsense are ridiculous and should absolutely be axed. If it were up to me Microsoft would've been killed in the 80's (not literally, jannies) and we'd be a Linux World Order.

Deleted member 591971

Trophies
XP
I currently use Linux Mint XFCE 20.2 (yes i updated to 21 but it caused a lot of issues) the reason is because of windows being so unstable. I also try other random linux distros because why not.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm currently triple booting
Windows 10: not planning to ever move to Windows 11, will drop Windows instead.
macOS 11.6.8: I use this for work purposes, mainly.
SteamOS (via HoloISO): At times, the Linux drive was instead running Manjaro which was also not a bad experience.

Dungeonseeker

Trophies
XP
Country
Base Arch running Gnome 42 because fuck Microsoft and fuck Windows. With Linux my system is mine, if its running its because I installed it and if I don't want it I'm free to remove it without needing to run third party hacks.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just a heads up on the linux thing, Linux mint is your best bet for a User freindly one. AVOID UBUNTU, LUBUNTU, XNBUNTU OS'ES They are pretty trashy and your better off with Linux mint
Why avoid Ubuntu? I've been using jammy for the last few months, and it's been very solid. Didn't even crash once, and does everything I want. But I agree Linux Mint is good too. I used it for a couple of years with no major problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    T @ Texasauras: SOLILOQUY