Hacking prealoader

ash2525

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you uninstall prealoader because it is really annoying how it starts up when the wii starts up and my sister dose not know what to do.
I read that i have to reinstall my system menu how do i do that.
I have many wad games installed would it delete them when i reinstall?
I have a Cios installed and backup loader.
I am ruining 3.3U
Help is nice!

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
1st u said u wanna uninstall it because it annoying.. later u said u wanna uninstall completely. nice try.

K

Kurisuellegarden

What I would do is set up preloader to autoboot system menu. Then your sister will never see that menu and you can get back to it in case your wii were to ever brick by HOLDING RESET when you TURN ON YOUR WII!
happy.gif

Don't uninstall it, just go to settings and switch to autoboot to systemmenu. It'll go to your Wii's System Menu then...

D

Deleted User

either that, or:

1)Downgrade (Removes preloader in this process)
2)Install back preloader, go into it's setting, and set autoboot = Sysmenu

Should be easy nuff for noobs like you lol.

D

Deleted User

lol, and his sister is having some problems too.

Not sure what to do? Strike Wiki-How

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
you'll need to uninstall your current system menu and reinstall it, which is very dangerous

you could also try to upgrade to 3.4 then downgrade back to a clean 3.2 or 3.3

in all cases, it's much safer to leave it alone, those are not the kind of program you install without a little bit of thinking first

D

Deleted User

Jacobeian, stop giving false info.

He can uninstall by having a run of cios downgrader.

He doesn't have to upgrade and downgrade.

Plus, we have to over-install the old sys menu, not uninstalling it and installing it back.

If he does what you said, you're so gonna get blamed.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
ok, I thought you could not install a system menu version over the same version without removing it first
at least, this make someone finally gave him a real solution

D

Deleted User

Which sucks, as he's a noob at preloader, and does not know how to set the autoboot to sysmenu.

I'm afraid his next topic would be "I uninstalled preloader now what I get is a black screen" or "My wii is bricked, no starfall or preloader"

ash2525

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks so much for the replies! you guys here are so much helpful than other sites.
Also when i turn off my wii the light goes red and i can not use my wiimote charger. can i fix this?
Also my wiimote charger conects through usb. if it cannot be fixed i can just charge with my computer so help for this is greatly appreciated!

But i am also seeing the advantages to having this installed like i am starting to understand softmii.

ph34r.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)