Pre-Order Your Microsoft Surface Now

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The thing about iPad is:

- It has a wide variety of tablet apps. I can get many many apps on iPad which are enhanced for the 9.7" to it's fullest.

- The price of iPad varies. In the US it's considered a very expensive tablet. However in places like Singapore it is cheaper than many other tablets with somewhat similar specs (it's affordable but certainly not that cheap). We don't have exactly much $199 deals. Even the Nexus 7 and Kindle Fire will cost around S$400 plus import fees.

- No matter how much you condemn iOS, iPad still functions as it is. More than 250,000 optimized apps, easy to use interface and good battery life.

I can say that iPad is one of the only products that is truly a magical gadget designed by Apple. You may disagree with me, but I'm judging this based on my local market. It's simply superior.

As for Windows, they can sell their genuine stuff at atrociously high prices. They sold their Windows 7 Premium disc at like... Close to $200. That's insane. Sadly, Office is also a major bomb in terms of price.

Since Surface will be up for $499 for the base model IN THE US, it's definitely going to go much higher in our market. I'm going to give Microsoft a chance, but they really need to price it right in overseas markets.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I'm more interested in the iPad Mini, which rumors say will have a reveal on October 23rd.

When it comes to tablets, I'd rather get an iPad or nothing honestly. The iPad just gets the most support and even the "dated" ones still work well for a plethora of functions.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1