Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
icon-512.jpg

PPSSPP Standalone Switch Public Beta by m4xw
============================================

This is the first Standalone Release for PPSSPP.
It's based on my libretro port with some few distinctions:

-Includes a GLES2 and GL version (use GLES2 for GTA's or other troubling games, otherwise GL version is always recommended as it's far more stable and bug free).
-JIT improvements (should now work on all Horizon version), masking is no longer required, thus JIT masking bugs are a thing of the past (will be backported to the libretro ver. this week).
-All config files reside in /switch/ppsspp/, the path can not be changed for the time being.
-You can copy your PPSSPP files from /retroarch/cores/savefiles/PPSSPP/ (savefiles are compatible, savestates are NOT, however I will add a export option to the Core soon-ish).

Note:

-Due to a toolchain Issue, starting like 15~ games in a row might lead to a crash, your mileage might vary depending of the number of JIT buffer allocations

Installation Instructions

Drag & drop the switch folder to the root of your SD, overwriting every file.
If you don't copy my controls.ini, you will need to remap your controls as it defaults to keyboard values.
Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.
In-Game Menu Hotkey is L3

DONT. USE. ALBUM.
Just don't...

Notes
-If you are using ANY method of loading PPSSPP OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
-Don't use NSP's.
-After upstreaming, this port will likely become the official

Support
Special thanks to hrydgard for everything he has done for the PPSSPP Project.

If you want to support his work, consider buying PPSSPP Gold https://central.ppsspp.org/buygold even if you don't use it!

My Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/m4xwdev

Links
Switch Port Github: https://github.com/m4xw/ppsspp/
Upstream Github: https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

Changelog
-Fixed "Home" Button in PPSSPP (Not the Switch Home button)
-Fixed in-game menu continue after Settings open (might not properly refresh some GPU settings, but said refresh caused the Issue)
-Fixed the 10th launch Issue
-Fixed CurrentDirectory (you might need to manually edit the ini if it isn't created new)
-Fixed Recent launched games (clear old entries!)
-Bundled controls.ini / Drag & Drop Bundle (careful if you don't want to lose your own mappings)
-Added "fake GLES2" -> Performs way better in GTA's, however breaks many other games if internal res > 1x
-Added GLES3 build -> Less Bugs, about same perf as libretro port
-Added Browser applet to some links in the Menu (because why not)
-Enabled NXLink Support (for dev/debug)
-Updated again, now one NRO resides in /switch and another in /switch/ppsspp, essentially allowing to show both NRO's in the hbmenu
If it still show's the PPSSPP folder in hbmenu, make sure that theres only 1 NRO in /switch/ppsspp (it doesn't matter which).
Both access assets, config and flash from /switch/ppsspp
-GLES3 has been replaced by GL (GL is superior in every way)
-Re-worked JIT, Masking is no longer required, thus there should be no more JIT bugs that desktop standalone / Lakka don't have (this change will be added to libretro too next week)
-However doing this we have less space to work with due to a libnx bug (virtmem stopping working), so it might crash if you launch ~15 games in a row without returning to hbmenu / home menu.
That number will vary depending on how much memory the jit buffer allocate depending on the Game
-Add some other JIT sanity checks + fixes
-The GL version should be pretty much on par with standalone- while the GLES2 ver has a few more gfx Issues but better perf in some games (most of them are GTA's)
-General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.
-Fixed Homebrew store
-Fixed Ad-Hoc Multiplayer
-Updated libnx, full 9.0.0 support
-Rebased to Latest Upstream 11.03.2020
^-This fixes some recent regressions and remote iso loading for Switch!
-Fixed compatibility report submissions from within the emulator (report.ppsspp.org)
-Rebased to latest upstream, v1.10.3
-Improved stability of Feedback reports + timeout
-Reworked JIT Integration, now uses writeable pointer for code output (recently introduced upstream for the Switch PR)
^-Should fix all remaining JIT Issues!
-Fixed build without miniUPNP library / Fixes for PortManager
-Improved UI Scaling

Download
https://m4xw.net/nextcloud/index.php/s/HCHnoEWcFc2TryX
Original Patreon Post: https://www.patreon.com/posts/28559579

Screenshots
Splash.jpg Menu.jpg EAGg2_vX4AIlgyF.jpg large.jpg GTA_0.png MGS_0.jpg Rockband.jpg

Last edited by m4xw,

bad361

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
This is amazing so far, great work! I tested some games right away which had problems in ra...
SSX on tour works fantastic, snow collision is fixed, PoP Revelations works flawlessly (needs a bit oc for cpu tho), no controls related issues with analog stick, Chili Con Carnage now boots and plays really well. I couldn't have been happier, thanks, m4xw.

Last edited by bad361,

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is amazing so far, great work! I tested some games right away which had problems in ra...
SSX on tour works fantastic, snow collision is fixed, PoP Revelations works flawlessly, no controls related issues with analog stick, Chili Con Carnage now boots and plays really well. I couldn't have been happier, thanks, m4xw.
Keep in mind, some games want fastmemory off, rockband for example wants non buffered rendering on.
You can expect the libretro ver getting on par with this once I am done (on all platforms, not just switch)

Paffo

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
IMO this is much better than the retroarch core, i guess we can expect great things for the future.
Thanks for your hard work

Reactions: Watermelonz

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gran Turismo menu significantly slow.

Standalone build doesn’t have Switch CPU overclocking feature.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gran Turismo menu significantly slow.

Standalone build doesn’t have Switch CPU overclocking feature.
Use sys-clk.
You can try non buffered rendering for GT, dunno if that works.
Was the same for the libretro core too.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I forgot to add, ingame menu hotkey is L3

tabnk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tekken 6 full speed even at 5x native with only stock clock. Far better than libretro build which only at 3x native before stuttering and need CPU overclocking.

Change Postprocesding shader hang standalone build.

Last edited by tabnk,

rick191

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to run Final Fantasy in .iso using atmosphere title redirection 0.9.2 and keep getting error code 2168-0002 on both GL and GLES2.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cool beans, I'll give this a try when I get home, wonder if this fixes the stuttery feeling I got on the core when vertical sync swap isnt set to 2.

anyone got time to check out secret agent clanks rhytm section yet? that was so hard on RA

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4