RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Standalone Beta

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Rahkeesh

Rahkeesh GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 3, 2018
    United States
    I've been running into some crashes with Crisis Core now in the standalone, it might be related to using save states. Rarely crashes while actually saving/loading a state, rather it seems to happen up to a few minutes after. I am using 3x rendering and replacement textures with the pack someone made here scaling up just the UI elements.

I created a save state right at the end of the boss that gives you the buster sword. There's a long FMV that plays. The game crashed twice in the exact same spot, in the first shot showing Zack inside the Shinra office playing with the buster sword. I moved all my files including save states over to android PPSSPP (on phone with 6gb memory) and was able to get through the FMV that way. Once I could save I moved it over to Horizon Retroarch and am using that for now, haven't used any save states but no crashes yet.

Last edited by Rahkeesh, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    Hummm anyone was lucky playing silent Hill shattered memories?
    I love this game since the wii, but I get weird shadows and lines when using the flashlight.
    Also Dante inferno diddo even start.
    Any help? :(
    Thanks

thequickbrownfox and FanNintendo like this.
  3. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    AFAIK (and i also tried playing it like a month ago), Shattered Memories runs half-speed (and plus that flashlight bug) and there's no way to make it playable on switch's ppsspp yet. Dante's Inferno should run without any major problems tho, so i guess try another rom.

Csmrcc likes this.
  4. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Have you try both GL and GLES2? GLES2 is ok, it doesn't show flashlight or lines also adjust the bright to high u will see better in dark at beginning and when you get out building it slow down maybe because of snow effect

Last edited by FanNintendo, Nov 19, 2019
    Csmrcc likes this.
  5. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Can this run PSP homebrew?

6. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    play on switch game title hold R and press A also if you are higher than 4.1.0

7. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 8, 2008
    Republic of Ireland
    Lol I meant in the emulator can you run PSP homebrew apps?

FanNintendo likes this.
  8. FanNintendo

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Good Question why dont you try it and let everyone know?

Yeah i just tried and it works

Last edited by FanNintendo, Nov 20, 2019
    Smoker1 likes this.
  9. Csmrcc

Csmrcc GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2018
    Spain
    hummm, i was using ppsspp in retroarch, my mistake.
    there sh:sm works badly, but now dantes inferno works perfect idk...

i will try on the standalone (which i uninstall because i think it was the same), will be this better verion of emulation on the retroarch pack?
    thanks

10. bad361

bad361 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 18, 2018
    Russia
    Moscow
    imo standalone is a bit better (and i like options and cheats management there more), but they should be pretty much almost on par with each other atm in terms of compatibility... Some small differences personally from me: ssx on tour has snow collision problems in RA (perfect in standalone), you can play gta almost stutter free on standalone GLES2, Tekken 6 seems to run better without major OC in standalone (and some other games perform better without oc compared to RA), Medievil Resurrection has a rotating camera bug atm in standalone, but it works perfectly in RA tho. Having both is the best option i guess :D

Last edited by bad361, Nov 21, 2019
    Csmrcc likes this.
  11. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    Can anyone help for some reason my controllers dont work and I can only use touch controls

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted