Potential Vita backup loading breakthrough?

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I looked here, someone saw a tweet about a Chinese hacker decrypting a game, but still no English confirmation etc - so I looked on Chinese sites to get closer to the source, since surely Chinese users will have tested it before people on twitter lol.

<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
<snip>
I think this is the true source: <snip>

I don't think a public method on how to decrypt the games fully is out, but at least it is possible.

@ like 4am China, so like 3 or 4 hours ago.

(How can I give sources if they are warez sites, most Chinese website probably has warez lol... no way around that, but not easy to navigate so I think it's ok.)

Tokyo Xanadu

EDIT: non-warez link to wololo about it the mods put in here (not a source, and wololo doesn't want to put the source either)

Last edited by cearp,

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
yifanlu said that it could take a year:
https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/...s_to_vs0_achevied_expect_a_downgrader/d6o8y8n

"How many months until we get piracy do you reckon?"
There is no possibility until someone solves KOTH (from the current progress, it might take a year) or we decide to release the source anyways (which I don't plan to until Sony stops selling the vita and no new games are planned to come out). There might be some harder piracy method before then--like decrypt the SELF (somehow), then generate the metadata required to launch the game which has been stripped in the decryption process (difficult and requires intricate knowledge of the loader to attempt--pirates should familiarize themselves with vita-toolchain now if they even want a chance). But if ISO/psv loading is even possible, it would require someone to fully figure out how henkaku works. Then (somehow) dump the kernel and reverse the game cart works. Then write a iso driver. Or reverse npdrm to strip it from self

Reactions: Rizzorules

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, all of you circling the Vita like hungry lions waiting to pounce at the first sign of weakness.

Pure evil. :P
CueO43V.png

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
it's like team molecule shot it with a rubber bullet, but it's still alive and although we just want to eat the meat, we are closer because at least the vita is on the ground and we can smell it and get closer to it and people are saying it might take a while until we can hit it some more and it's difficult and people keep poking it everyday but the vita doesn't get any worse and meanwhile we want the meat so bad and the vita is just lying there still alive and some people in fact think we won't get to eat any of the vita meat but we keep close watching it on the floor moving about and writhing it knows it's time will be up, even if there are non believers and me and a few others are all ready with a knife and fork and spoon ziplock bag to take some meat home because i'm not sleeping until i get this meat i don't know how to kill it and get the meat myself it's way to hard i don't have the skills but thankfully this chinese dude in china used his skills and sent a missile to the vita and blew it up and now everyone can eat the meat that we have been waiting for i have been waiting since 2012 i'm hungry yummy yum time to eat

Last edited by cearp,
K

KingpinSlim

it's like team molecule shot it with a rubber bullet, but it's still alive and although we just want to eat the meat, we are closer because at least the vita is on the ground and we can smell it and get closer to it and people are saying it might take a while until we can hit it some more and it's difficult and people keep poking it everyday but the vita doesn't get any worse and meanwhile we want the meat so bad and the vita is just lying there still alive and some people in fact think we won't get to eat any of the vita meat but we keep close watching it on the floor moving about and writhing it knows it's time will be up, even if there are non believers and me and a few others are all ready with a knife and fork and spoon ziplock bag to take some meat home because i'm not sleeping until i get this meat i don't know how to kill it and get the meat myself it's way to hard i don't have the skills but thankfully this chinese dude in china used his skills and sent a missile to the vita and blew it up and now everyone can eat the meat that we have been waiting for i have been waiting since 2012 i'm hungry yummy yum time to eat
*is speechless*...
slowly begins to applaud...
you sound hungry ^_^

cearp

瓜老外
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
as long as we get a dev leak every week, i'm happy.

but, i will be really annoyed if it is. but - (free to disagree) - i don't think the user would have said dumped from cart unless he meant it.
better to just be honest, or say nothing about where the game came from. but yeah, maybe he was getting our hopes up? possibly, but i think it's more likely it's actually decrypted really from cart.

Last edited by cearp,

Lisandra_brave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All you need is to decrypt everything else (easy), and then use this or something like it to get a decrypted eboot.
A vpk is literally just a renamed zipfile.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
as long as we get a dev leak every week, i'm happy.

but, i will be really annoyed if it is. but - (free to disagree) - i don't think the user would have said dumped from cart.
better to just be honest, or say nothing about where the game came from. but yeah, maybe he was getting our hopes up? possibly, but i think it's more likely it's actually decrypted really from cart.

hard to tell, since the author likely (weiweiok55) just drop the bomb XD and he did not answer anything at all, so they are evoking Yifan or any other dev so they can figure it out if this is a decrypted retail game or just a devout leak, Wololo is already aware of this so, pretty sure we will have more info soon.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.