Potential Home Menu Softbrick?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by wuboy, Jan 29, 2016.

1. wuboy
    OP

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Hi GBATemp;

I just updated my N3DS from 10.3 to 10.5; I'm not interested in CFW or getting free games and the like.
    Here's my problem: my N3DS can boot up, but it will not load anything from the home menu, all I get is a black screen. I can hit the power button and the usual sleep mode message will pop up, but the home menu will not load. Even hitting the home button in that message, which would normally load the home menu with the white transition screen, will hang at that white screen.

I had menuhax installed prior, but reading on multiple threads beforehand told me that I should be fine; I am not sure of what's going on but any help (and help on how to fix it) would be appreciated.

2. Toiry921

Toiry921 Maki Best Girl

Dec 10, 2015
    United States
    ラブライブ
    Try removing your SD card then boot up

3. wuboy
    OP

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    ... oh no. Anything but removing the N3DS sd card.
    I've wanted to avoid that solution, but it seems like it'll have to do. I'll try it now.

4. Toiry921

Toiry921 Maki Best Girl

Dec 10, 2015
    United States
    ラブライブ
    Umm it won't remove anything if it loads without your SD card in its just bad theme data

5. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    I think he was dreading it, because taking the backplate off the N3DS is annoying.

Tyson TH and wuboy like this.
  6. sonicrings

sonicrings GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2012
    Canada
    Johto
    Pretty sure he meant that it's tedious to remove the SD card :P

wuboy likes this.
  7. Toiry921

Toiry921 Maki Best Girl

Dec 10, 2015
    United States
    ラブライブ
    I see, sometimes I just forget I just have mine mostly unscrewed and just have the last little turn I could do with my hands

8. wuboy
    OP

wuboy GBAtemp Fan

Sep 11, 2015
    United States
    Alright, I got it. The N3DS sd slot should have just been on the side, but hey, what do I know?
    The back cover just feels so flimsy, as if anything stronger than the screwdriver I used will split the thing in half.

Tyson TH likes this.