Homebrew postLoader4

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys, I've installed postloader and the masterpiece pack with plugins.
But I only see some plugins in postloader, fba cps1,cps2,neogeo,fceugx,msx,genplusgx,wiicoolem,vbagx
I'd like to have fba_alpha too and wiimednafen pce in postloader
Anyone can help me how to..
Thanks

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stfour
Could you expand cIos selectio Until 255 Please!
'cause I got some special cios in slot 253 and 255 for game compatibility( rev17 and rev 19)
Thanks

piccolo95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any way to install postLoader 4 on an emulated NAND without using priiloader?
Priiloader seems to cause issues on my Wii.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi Guys, I've installed postloader and the masterpiece pack with plugins.
But I only see some plugins in postloader, fba cps1,cps2,neogeo,fceugx,msx,genplusgx,wiicoolem,vbagx
I'd like to have fba_alpha too and wiimednafen pce in postloader
Anyone can help me how to..
Thanks

You should check /ploader/plugins.conf if the path for roms are the right one and the plugin is activated.

stfour
Could you expand cIos selectio Until 255 Please!
'cause I got some special cios in slot 253 and 255 for game compatibility( rev17 and rev 19)
Thanks

Yes, this can be added. Just wait september

Is there any way to install postLoader 4 on an emulated NAND without using priiloader?
Priiloader seems to cause issues on my Wii.

You can install postloader without priiloader. But if you want to start postloader automatically you need neek2obooter.app. Check postloader's readmii.txt

Reactions: piccolo95

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ stfour
I've checked.

Do you mean this ?
045=1|0|FB Alpha|retroarch-wii/fb_alpha.dol|/fba_alpha/roms|zip|fba.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
033=1|1|WiiMednafen PCE|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCE|pce,zip|Turbo_Grafx.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader}
and yes the rom paths are right

P.S
the plugins are in wiiflow\plugins
is postloader compatible with all plugins found here http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/MasterPiece/wiiflow_pack.html

Thanks again, great app

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
@ stfour
I've checked.

Do you mean this ?
045=1|0|FB Alpha|retroarch-wii/fb_alpha.dol|/fba_alpha/roms|zip|fba.png|{device}:{path}/;{name}
033=1|1|WiiMednafen PCE|wiimednafen-mod3.dol|/wiimednafen/roms/PCE|pce,zip|Turbo_Grafx.png|{device}:{path}/;{name};{loader}
and yes the rom paths are right

P.S
the plugins are in wiiflow\plugins
is postloader compatible with all plugins found here http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/101209384/MasterPiece/wiiflow_pack.html

Thanks again, great app

I'm not stfour but hope you don't mind if I answer.
Postloader atm has a plugin limit so not all the plugin will show (only 32 or so)
so in your case you can either move those those lines up in the plugin ini giving them lower numbers (keep in mind you need to keep the numbers consecutive so might need to rename the other lines)
or just wait for September until stfour increases the plugin numbers limit.

And yes I made this Postloader pack to be used with the Wiiflow Masterpiece Pack (the only prerequisite)
have in mind that scummvm is not compatible yet with PL also plugins with "|" in the argument line such as "Dosbox" won't autoboot either

Have a nice day

Reactions: stfour and gig71

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm not stfour but hope you don't mind if I answer.
Postloader atm has a plugin limit so not all the plugin will show (only 32 or so)
so in your case you can either move those those lines up in the plugin ini giving them lower numbers (keep in mind you need to keep the numbers consecutive so might need to rename the other lines)
or just wait for September until stfour increases the plugin numbers limit.

And yes I made this Postloader pack to be used with the Wiiflow Masterpiece Pack (the only prerequisite)
have in mind that scummvm is not compatible yet with PL also plugins with "|" in the argument line such as "Dosbox" won't autoboot either

Have a nice day
Thanks a lot, I will try

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Where can I find an example of the correct plugin setting format for the latest version of Postloader?

EDIT : oh, wait ... the 4.4.6 complete install package has a plugin.conf in it ... is that still the correct format?
it says
<unique_id>=<enabled?1:0>|<recurse?1:0>|<description>|<plugin_name.dol>|<romfolder>|<ext1>,<ext2>,...,<extN>|<defaulticon.png>|<arguments>

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Where can I find an example of the correct plugin setting format for the latest version of Postloader?

EDIT : oh, wait ... the 4.4.6 complete install package has a plugin.conf in it ... is that still the correct format?
it says
<unique_id>=<enabled?1:0>|<recurse?1:0>|<description>|<plugin_name.dol>|<romfolder>|<ext1>,<ext2>,...,<extN>|<defaulticon.png>|<arguments>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k35yaxckrgbjtjx/plugins.conf

Reactions: Maxternal

gig71

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For Maxternal !
this is my plugins.con( remove the .TXT), I made this following AbdallahTerro Tips.
Compare it with the original if it can help you !
I made this because I need only these plugins, and everything works.
Thanx again Abd...

hope this can help You

Attachments

• plugins.conf.txt
    2.7 KB · Views: 598

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
In case anyone wanted a tool to convert the WiiFlow plugin configuration to the PostLoader format, it's included in the Plugin editor tab of this app.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yb97ybeea6v9qr/SourceMenuEditor.zip (updated link ... see below)
It's still a work in progress but you should still be able to save the converted plugin.conf file. You'll just have to copy all the images from your WiiFlow source_menu folder to the PostLoader plugins folder manually for it to work completely.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
updated the above app with some improvements saving the plugins.conf file.
SOURCE MENU EDITOR again
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5yb97ybeea6v9qr/SourceMenuEditor.zip
I finished the plugin editor tab.

Changelog
- Plugin editor works
- plugin.conf file saver for PostLoader now offers to copy images files to where PostLoader can use them
- plugin.conf file saver for PL should now work properly for plugin DOL files that are in subfolders (like retroarch)
- only known bug : sometimes it gets confused about whether there are unsaved changes to the source menu or not but saving when there's been no changes shouldn't hurt anything anyhow (as always, any further feedback is appreciated.)

I'll update the links on my previous post, too.

Reactions: AbdallahTerro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?