Postal for the Nintendo Switch

I ported Postal to the Switch. Sound, Widescreen and Twinstick all supported.[prebreak]1[/prebreak]

Release : https://github.com/lantus/postal-nx/releases
SourceCode : https://github.com/lantus/postal-nx

TNeuBEd.jpg

Enjoy :)

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! Jon from Running with scissors here and we really appreciate your work on this port. I posted here some time ago hoping someone would handle a Vita port, but this will do just nicely instead. Shoot me a PM With your e-mail @MVG and we'll sort you some swag for your efforts.

What.

Dude, throw him P2's source code as well! XD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The RWS guys seem like a bunch of chill dudes, makes me feel sad for the sham that was Postal III. I've never played the first Postal game, but I've always wanted to.

Anyway, excellent work on this port. Have high hopes for the switch being the next Wii as far as homebrew and stuff goes. And this time it's portable. Might be time to consider getting one, as much as it pains me to say that.

Reactions: Tizm and MVG

Proto-Propski

Legally Weird!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
illegal in the states? we have shit like GTA or Avenue Q for God's sake google it you'll find it online I think Gog has the redux version

Sadly GOG only has the original, I tried looking around on Google for some information, and apparently there was a lot of talk about if a release would come in 2016, followed with silence not to long after, it's a shame too as I think it would've been a good game to feature on their website, but oh well Classic, and Uncut is still fun IMO, and this port was actually meant for the original not the remaster anyway.

Last edited by Proto-Propski,
D

Deleted User

illegal in the states? we have shit like GTA or Avenue Q for God's sake google it you'll find it online I think Gog has the redux version
I m not living in the States right now. Its forbidden in Germany sadly haha. With all those sucky ip filters you need a vpn to buy those Stuff... feels like China....

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

XtremeTemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it work without credits.txt? Found the correct Res folder, but no credits.txt there, thanks for any answers!

Edit:
My files seem to be wrong, ill try to fix this myself, thanks for the contribution!

Last edited by XtremeTemp,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

no1dead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey! Jon from Running with scissors here and we really appreciate your work on this port. I posted here some time ago hoping someone would handle a Vita port, but this will do just nicely instead. Shoot me a PM With your e-mail @MVG and we'll sort you some swag for your efforts.

Pretty awesome of you guys to do that.

Laprox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is still a Problem that occurs when trying to Load a Map, I get taken back to a Broken Start Menu.
Running 4.1.0: Any Help would gladly be appreciated. :switch:

Also it Crashes My Switch after a short while, when returned to the Broken Start Menu.

Last edited by Laprox,

MVG

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is still a Problem that occurs when trying to Load a Map, I get taken back to a Broken Start Menu.
Running 4.1.0: Any Help would gladly be appreciated. :switch:

Also it Crashes My Switch after a short while, when returned to the Broken Start Menu.

short of someone donating me a 4.1.0 switch i cant really offer much other help at this time sorry

Netboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it off GOG but it wasn't called redux. All I know it has the Tokyo levels in it. I haven't been able to get it to run even though I deleted the extra files to match yours. I'm using SX Pro on the latest firmware. Do I need to put the other files that came with the game or just the res file?

Reactions: Josh1979

xkadafix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been struggling to get this to work on my switch, I'm using the res folder from the linux rain release. The game launches but exits back to the main menu when I try to load a mission. Anyway, I decided to go and buy the steam version and noticed its on sale right now for .49 cents till Nov 1st. Thought I'd share.

Reactions: Laprox

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill