Hacking post-setup N3DS noob questions

boomerang42

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the 3DS guide without problems. Thank you to everyone who made that and who made all the tools!

Now I just have a few questions.

1) Is there a guide anywhere for how to set up wireless 3DS file transfer? I can't find one and I don't want to put the shell back on my New 3DS until I know I can put files to/from the micro sd without having to take it out anymore.

I noticed that the N3DS itself has a pc transfer option, but it said you need Windows 7 or 8.1. I have windows 10 so I canceled setting that up. Does that work with Windows 10 even though it doesn't say so?

What's better for wirelessly moving files in the first place? The built in N3DS way, or homebrew?

2) How do you delete something that shows up in Homebrew Launcher but doesn't show up on the N3DS home menu? Just delete the files from the micro sd directly or is there some other way to uninstall?

3) And finally, I've heard about some TLS version thing that breaks auto updating for most homebrew. Does that mean that the TitleDB in FBI is out of date?

Last edited by boomerang42,

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I followed the 3DS guide without problems. Thank you to everyone who made that and who made all the tools!

Now I just have a few questions.

1) Is there a guide anywhere for how to set up wireless 3DS file transfer? I can't find one and I don't want to put the shell back on my New 3DS until I know I can put files to/from the micro sd without having to take it out anymore.

I noticed that the N3DS itself has a pc transfer option, but it said you need Windows 7 or 8.1. I have windows 10 so I canceled setting that up. Does that work with Windows 10 even though it doesn't say so?

What's better for wirelessly moving files in the first place? The built in N3DS way, or homebrew?

2) How do you delete something that shows up in Homebrew Launcher but doesn't show up on the N3DS home menu? Just delete the files from the micro sd directly or is there some other way to uninstall?

3) And finally, I've heard about some TLS version thing that breaks auto updating for most homebrew. Does that mean that the TitleDB in FBI is out of date?
1) install super ftpd II turbo (from FBI goto TitleDB and find it there)
2) just delete the file/folder from the 3DS folder on the SD card, but just ignore it
3) TitleDB is perfectly fine, it's installing directly from github is the problem

Reactions: boomerang42

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: +2