Post repair question

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by ogioto, Mar 30, 2017.

1. ogioto
    OP

ogioto Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hi guys, due to the fact that I'm new on the modern Nintendo scene (I was hacking and developing stuff for psp/vita/ps3; I'm one of the guys that helped with the first motherboard modding for hacking the psp 2k series, when they got out), and I need help on this new teritory. So, recently I bought Wii U with a problem, because I decided that I dont wanna give too much money on the table for something that is already dying. I bought one with non working sync button and no gamepad, only pro controller (it was pretty cheap deal for me). I repaired the sync button and now comes the time to hack it and here comes the question- can I do this without gamepad? Because, as I mentioned earlier, I have only the pro controller (I decided that all the games I wanna play are supported by it, so it will not be a big problem for the gameplay, but totally forgot about the hacks/homebrews and stuff...) So, can somebody give me an arm here and help on newbie on the new for him scene?
    Thanks

PS: And because I saw a lots of threads on topic "what games are supported by the pro controller", here I will leave this link with the list here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games_that_use_the_Wii_U_Pro_Controller

2. x65943

x65943 Fledgling artist

Jun 23, 2014
    United States
    Midwest
    It's my understanding that you can't hack it without a gamepad.

I don't think you can even set up the internet tbh.

ogioto likes this.
  3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yep you need a gamepad to launch homebrew homebrew won't load without it.

ogioto likes this.
  4. ogioto
    OP

ogioto Member

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2017
    Damn, being cheap is going to cost me additional finances :D Thanks for the fast respond ^^

dojafoja and x65943 like this.