Kweisatz Haderach
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kota, I thought exactly the same thing. But then I remembered that Nimoy had a lot of other roles as well, including a singer in the mid seventies. That's where THAT came out of. Spock is still dear to me despite that -- you see, Galvatron didn't change my view of Spock, so why should the song do that?
biggrin.gif

Jumpman: I had that before One Ring 2 came out, but linking LegendaryFrog's site in my last post here got me thinking about it again...

-Tempest out.-

KotaInka2

Fanboy Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kota, I thought exactly the same thing. But then I remembered that Nimoy had a lot of other roles as well, including a singer in the mid seventies. That's where THAT came out of. Spock is still dear to me despite that -- you see, Galvatron didn't change my view of Spock, so why should the song do that?
biggrin.gif

Jumpman: I had that before One Ring 2 came out, but linking LegendaryFrog's site in my last post here got me thinking about it again...

-Tempest out.-
You know, I never had an association problem before. I just don't think of Leonard Nimoy as a voice. I think of him as an all around actor, with Spock as the primary vision. When I heard that he voiced Galvatron, it seemed natural and even lended character to the drawing that never recovered in the 4th season without him. Now when I think of voices, I think of James Earl Jones. I don't associate him with one particular character even though he is quite famous for Darth Vader and Mufasa. So, seeing him doing corny commercials or anything else doesn't bother me. Something about that little clip is quite haunting, the kind of thing that you will have trouble getting out of your head. I need to go watch Star Wars II and attempt to rectify this. Unfortunately, I haven't had the money to buy the DVD's.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo