you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Chrome takes that much ram? For real?
I use firefox... so...
now more than ever
im using firefox as well, but I've seen it taking up to 19GB of ram. maddnes. firefox, on the other hand, I can say is more optimized for low-end computers, and that's what i have, so... What more do i need?
on topic:
53fdba14598360cbc89be2b764cd40a79fb68dc962026b0b3b50d3dfcd025169.gif

Reactions: SirNapkin1334

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I use firefox... so...
That means nothing really.
I have 17 tabs, a music stream running in OBS, and many misc programs running in the background.
I am just below 5 GB of RAM usage.

upload_2018-7-12_22-7-6.png

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I use firefox... so...
now more than ever
im using firefox as well, but I've seen it taking up to 19GB of ram. maddnes. firefox, on the other hand, I can say is more optimized for low-end computers, and that's what i have, so... What more do i need?
Firefox and Chrome can equally be as intense on your computer if you let them. It's 90% about the tabs you have open, and the tabs you have active. Both chrome and firefox cache tabs to rid them from memory, but that doesn't stop someone from having 300+ firefox tabs open and eating 17gb. Chrome eats more memory in the overhead of the tab by splitting every tab into it's own separate thread, which is why it's more responsive, but you need to either have really low memory, or an obscene number of tabs to say "chrome uses more memory".

I'm taking a page out of @Veho 's book: here's an infograph from a psychology textbook I once had.
NMdOj94.png

VzUh

you are now reading my custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
That means nothing really.
I have 17 tabs, a music stream running in OBS, and many misc programs running in the background.
I am just below 5 GB of RAM usage.

View attachment 135539
and me here with 2gb of ram. What's with your cpu usage? only one core in use
CPU_usage_in_WoT_-_Imgur.gif

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Firefox and Chrome can equally be as intense on your computer if you let them. It's 90% about the tabs you have open, and the tabs you have active. Both chrome and firefox cache tabs to rid them from memory, but that doesn't stop someone from having 300+ firefox tabs open and eating 17gb. Chrome eats more memory in the overhead of the tab by splitting every tab into it's own separate thread, which is why it's more responsive, but you need to either have really low memory, or an obscene number of tabs to say "chrome uses more memory".

*stills have 2gb of ram and goes to the corner to cry about it*
I'd like midori to be more mature, but it crashes every 40 min or so. me and my computer would be so happy
Cat-mech_-_Imgur.gif

Reactions: VinsCool

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD