Gaming possible wii2 controller (codname project cafe)

adammay02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
this is taken from ign.com, of course its all rumours at the moment with a said press release later this month and a full preview at this years E3
how-could-the-wii-2-controller-work-20110415053115064-000.jpg

source: http://uk.gear.ign.com/articles/116/1162204p1.html

AvengerAkashi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this is fan made stuff because is very familiar whith other controles from the consoles we have these days seems like some sort of game cube controler

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
No freakin' way the controller will have a colorscreen attached. I admit it will lend itself to some interesting games, but it fails a more crucial part of a controller: it needs to be cheap. People will be far less likely to buy multiple consoles for friends coming over if it costs over a hundred bucks to actually get one.
Also: with a controller like that, fans of wii sports and similar games will be disappointed (you don't go waving around a controller like this).

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is a very unsexy mockup. All these rumors are very strange. What advantages are there having a huge touchscreen controller ? I don't get the appeal of streaming the game to a tiny screen (same with psp/ps3 game streaming.) I mean yeah I guess it would free up your tv screen for other shit. But how many god damn eyeballs am I supposed to grow to enjoy this ? Just seems to me that Nintendo, on it's incredible streak so far, wouldn't create such a focus on such a minor gimmick (and no, touch/motion/3D are not gimmicks.)

adammay02

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well we wont know for sure, but there are alot of sites saying the same thing. they are all on the same par and we know what nintendo are like for their controllers (N64 best controller ever)

we will just have to wait till June to see what nintey say at E3

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CVG one looks a lot better:

screenshot_252318.jpg

But then again, these mockups never look like the final thing anyways. As an example,
IGN's Wii Classic Controller Mockup:

understanding-the-revolution-controller-20050916041026412-000.jpg

100% wrong. As everybody knows, it's styled after a SNES controller, not a GCN one.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Again with a screen? Jeez...I thought it was pretty bad that my brother managed to knock out a lamp when we just got a wii (and that there are actually windshields being sold to prevent your wiimote from bricking your TV). Now we have to wave around expensive controllers as well?

I wonder why nobody has yet launched the rumor that the 3DS can be used as an optional controller. I mean...the thing HAS motion sensoring and infrared, so it wouldn't be impossible.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShinyLatios said:
everyone knows this isn't real... but if it it, it will probably go paired with a new four swords game
biggrin.gif
When I heard about the rumors, that is the first thing I thought!

Too bad I don't feel like paying $300 on controllers to play Four Swords with friends. Lol.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
adammay02 said:
i do love the mock ups tho, gives extra hype to the announcment speculations.
Fixed.

You also just provided the reason why I dislike these things. Because they take things one step further than just talks, it makes it seem like a next console is already confirmed ("okay, so the controller design may not be right, but at least there will be a next console"). It isn't. Nintendo hasn't said anything, so this whole thing is just a wasted effort.

What's next...you're going to be dissatisfied at nintendo at E3 because someone leaked false information at multiple sources in the press?
rolleyes.gif

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe Nintendo is working on a new Console,

But as for this controller. I think that's a big Hell to the NO.

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Wever said:
I wonder why nobody has yet launched the rumor that the 3DS can be used as an optional controller. I mean...the thing HAS motion sensoring and infrared, so it wouldn't be impossible.
3DS doesn't have bluetooth so you could never sync the thing.
That being said, they could put bluetooth hardware into a 3ds cart so its possible they could create an addon that would do it. But in standard guise, not possible

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.