Hacking [Possible Warning] Acekard 2, DS Lite and EZflash V not compatible (GBAsaves)

dencrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
Hi everyone. This is my first original post but I've done my research throughly and this is my conclusion:

I own a black nintendo DS with an Acekard 2 loaded with AKAIO 1.9.0. Nintendo DS roms works perfectly so nothing to complain about there. However I recently bought an EZflash V. Exactly like the one below but white.

3in1-1.jpg

Now I have tried everything. The GBA-roms work fine in both SRAM and NOR -mode but save however is another piece of art. As I can see there is something going on with the saves because when I reboot the DS and get into AKAIO again there are savefiles there. However loading them doesn't work, it seems, or the files that are saved doesn't contain any saved data. I have tried a lot of roms with different save features (EEPROM, Flash, SRAM) and even patched flash and EEPROM through GBATA with some games with no avail.

I have also tried different SD-cards. Both an 2gb mSD (FAT16) and a 16gb(FAT32) but no difference.

I also tried the GBAexploader but that doesn't seem to save any files at all and it freezes the DS 2/3 times when started.

Any idea what's going on here? Why can't AKAOI load saves back into the ezflash OR why doesn't the ezflash save properly? The ezflash should be new (bought from vendor) but I can't confirm that.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I know the built-in 3in1 functionality of AKAIO and Wood can be a bit ropey with saving on some unpatched games. I'd stick to GBA Exploader as it auto-patches saves. Split your games into folders of less than 200 roms per folder if using GBA Exploader.
You may have a dead battery. So the first thing to do is read the thread below and run the Sram test prog (which will also identify which version of the 3in1 you have).

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-tell-which-version-of-the-3in1-you-have.130659/

Reactions: dencrypt

dencrypt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Caledonia
THANK YOU!

The verify-part gave an error so the problem most likely is with the battery. Will pick up one at the local store to sold a new one. Will update.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-