Possible to keep Games after uninstalling a9lh?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ShinyMK, Jun 28, 2016.

1. ShinyMK
    OP

ShinyMK known as @initPRAGMA

Dec 29, 2015
    Title says it all. Im uninstalling a9lh but I need to keep 1 game on it. Is it possible to keep the game on it and at the same time uninstall a9lh and keep the game? (Im restoring a 9.2 nand backup which is how im removing a9lh)

2. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Jan 7, 2016
    Netherlands
    Why don't you keep it in your original thread https://gbatemp.net/threads/completely-uninstalling-a9lh.432514/ without creating a new thread?
    AFAIK, you can't because it's probably an invalid signature because you probably downloaded it. If you bought it, it's still linked to your NNID. I think only legit cia's will stay but wait for someone else to deny/confirm.

3. phalk

phalk Handheld Maniac

Apr 23, 2009
    Brazil
    Only legit cias will work.

4. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    You can't keep your games unless you use CFW. May I ask why you are removing a9lh anyway? If you already have it I see no point to remove it.

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Only if you purchased the game or it's a legit CIA, but if it's a legit CIA and you restore a NAND backup from before it was installed you won't have the game anymore, you'll have to use the uninstall A9LH option in SafeA9LHInstaller V2.

6. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    I'm wondering though. If he installed tickets then downloaded from eShop (and not from FunKeyCIA or freeShop, but really from eShop, which is a lot less convenient I'd agree with that), would the games still need sigpatches to run?

7. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    yes because the ticket isn't legit/signed properly

Hayleia likes this.
  8. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Ok, thanks :)
    I'm not a CFW dev so I don't know where these sigpatches are needed exactly. So there is absolutely no advantage of using eShop over other tools to install games from installed tickets then. Only to install legitimately bought games I guess (for those who don't buy carts).

9. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    the only advantage probably is the ability to download in sleep mode. that might be fixed for other things eventually. right now the network connection is lost if you go into sleep mode in freeshop/etc

Hayleia likes this.