Possible to Customize System Menu 4.0?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Tichinde925, Mar 26, 2009.

Mar 26, 2009
  1. Tichinde925
    OP

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    I know that in NTSC firmware 3.2, "00000042.app" is what is installed over to customize the menu.

Does anyone know what ".app" # is used for 4.0?

2. Blue-K

Member Blue-K No right of appeal.

Switzerland
    Yup, I was just asking me that too...should be still the same, also 042.app...don't see the point why Nintendo would change this...Why not run FS-Browser if you have 4.0, and extract it? I would love to take a Look inside, and see if they added something interessting (like the DVD-Image in 3.2 [​IMG]) and start Skinning [​IMG]

3. loopguy

Member loopguy GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    as long as we don't have a recovery option for 4.0, i wouldn't modify any content!

4. SWORD21

Member SWORD21 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    They can always modify it, but they might want to wait for something for a recovery option before trying it out. Btw, Blue-K, would you please try to get the files from the DarkWii or black system menu from the Softmii forums and try to make it for 4.0U? It was made by slazor, and there is a download link.

5. _CARLOX_

Newcomer _CARLOX_ Member

United States
    Possible to Customize System Menu 4.0?

I was wondering the same thing [​IMG]

All I want is the black csm (I think its name was playboy3 or something like that) for 4.0 [​IMG]

6. ften

Member ften GBAtemp Regular

Bangladesh
    I used SquidMan's Update_Downloader to pull the new 4.0 files and the new "main" menu file would be 00000072.app for the US.

Taking a look inside that file, from a custom menu perspective, you should be able to edit the menu through the same methods as previously used as the files are basically the same. There are a few new .ash files such as sdButton.ash, sdChanSel.ash, sdChanTtl.ash and wiiMem.ash and there maybe some new tpls, besides the new .ash files, but it's late and I haven't broken all the files down yet.
    I'll probably have some new tpl charts for the updates up on my site in the next few days.

-FTen

7. zidane_genome

Member zidane_genome My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?

United States
    where's the new data located?

and by new data, i mean the SD card icon/button, and the SDcard Menu graphics...

would love to be able to change the SD card icon!