Possible to create custom enctitlekeys.bin with limited keys?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Aristox-0, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Aristox-0
    OP

Aristox-0 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    Every time i see a reference to enctitlekeys.bin for freestore/ciangel, it seems to be a file with literally every key in it.

I would like to have a custom keys.bin with only a limited number of games in it, so that when it's loaded by freestore I'm not swamped with a billion shovelware games i have no interest in. It would be cool to browse a freestore populated entirely by good interesting games i want, and without all the chuff.

Is this possible? :)

2. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    You can dump your enctitlekeys.bin from your console. BOOM no shovelware as its all the games you own

3. hippy dave

hippy dave Butts Butts Megabutts

Apr 30, 2012
    Yes it's perfectly possible, the file format is really simple and if you know your way around a hex editor etc you could do it by hand. Not aware of any tools for this purpose tho.

Aristox-0 likes this.
  4. Aristox-0
    OP

Aristox-0 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 21, 2016
    I was really hoping for a tool, but thanks for the response and advice anyway :)

5. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Why does it matter? It's not like the games are installed as well, and freeShop has filtering options. I'd rather have the option to install anything that may catch my attention rather than limiting myself to biased decisions.