Possible to combine 2 saves?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by dragonkid6, Sep 26, 2012.

Sep 26, 2012
  1. dragonkid6
    OP

Member dragonkid6 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have 2 copies of Super Mario 3D land, each game has one save on it, I want to know if it's possible for the saves to be decrypted and then combined into one save so I can then sell the left over game?

2. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

The save encryption key has not been found for SM3DL as far as I know, so no. You can't combine your saves.

3. DaggerV

Member DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

United States
    What Team Fail said. However that aside, it'd still be annoying to do, though possible, unless someone already has a premade program.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The save format would need to be understood and all that jazz too once decrypted.

5. McHaggis

Member McHaggis Fackin' Troller

United Kingdom
    The save encryption key is unique per game card, not per game, so even if it was found for one person's game card it wouldn't work on all the rest unless the method to obtain the key could be reproduced.

As Rydian said, the save format would need to be understood before you can alter it, even after decryption. Most importantly, the CRC algorithms would need to be reversed.