Possible to block certain torrents?

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by moozxy, Nov 8, 2008.

Nov 8, 2008
  1. moozxy
    OP

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    Well I'm in my uni halls of residence atm and I can't download or upload torrents from this certain site. It requires registration so they can keep an eye on your ratio but registration is open to anybody.
    I can use other torrents perfectly but it's just the ones from this site. They worked when I first came here but stopped at some point [​IMG]
    When I took my laptop over a friend's house, who lives in private accommodation, the torrents started working again, and also when I went home for the weekend they started working.

I think my uni has blocked torrents from just that site since I was seeding quite alot, but is that possible?

2. Cyberxion

Newcomer Cyberxion Advanced Member

United States
    I've had a similar issue from my home using one particular site. I can upload fine everywhere else, but I've always had a problem with this one particular site. Oddly enough, the site accepts donations for extra upload bandwidth. Strange coincidence, no?

3. moozxy
    OP

Member moozxy hamboning

United Kingdom
    I don't think it's the site blocking me because I asked on their forums and one of the staff there said they aren't doing anything to refuse my connection.

4. Trolly

Member Trolly GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    Couldn't it be something to do with ports on the computer? Though if that was the case, it should affect all of your torrent client :S.
    Hm, wonder what it could be...