DefeatedSouls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I recently updated Luma to latest version and then updated my N3DS to the latest firmware *as i've done in the past*

I installed some theme CIA's from Howling theme engine and all went well there, after trying to install a GBA ROM hack to my device VIA NSUI, i began getting this error for ANY .cia file.

"RSA/Hash verfication failed"

I'm really not wanting to try and hack this 3DS again as I dont even know if it's possible on the latest firmware...

Any ideas how to fix this, or what's wrong?

Thanks

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I recently updated Luma to latest version and then updated my N3DS to the latest firmware *as i've done in the past*

I installed some theme CIA's from Howling theme engine and all went well there, after trying to install a GBA ROM hack to my device VIA NSUI, i began getting this error for ANY .cia file.

"RSA/Hash verfication failed"

I'm really not wanting to try and hack this 3DS again as I dont even know if it's possible on the latest firmware...

Any ideas how to fix this, or what's wrong?

Thanks
Your console is hacked, its wrote to the internal components of the 3ds not the sd. SD only provides a bootable payload for the console.

That error usually means somethings gone wrong. To start please check your sd card for faults.
Check if your SD card is fake, faulty, or dying.
  1. Copy everything off the SD card to a computer.
  2. Quadruple reformat.
  3. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw. Do not skip.

DefeatedSouls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your console is hacked, its wrote to the internal components of the 3ds not the sd. SD only provides a bootable payload for the console.

That error usually means somethings gone wrong. To start please check your sd card for faults.

Not a single one of those wiped my card....

DefeatedSouls

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried to copy everything over and the error now when booting up is "Failed to installed 1 Firm Patch(es)" But i have the latest boot.firm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed I didn't have the device formatted for 3DS use before popping it in, I did the guiformat and copying data over now, thank you for all your help You've been amazing! I'll update progress.
Don't skip steps, or you may later find yourself regretting that you did if that new card happens to be a counterfeit.

Reactions: DefeatedSouls

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F