Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I'm having a lot of problems with my brother's GBA ExpLoader, which frequently deletes his .sav file for Fire Emblem: Fuuin no Tsurugi. I'm not sure whether it's a problem with the game itself, or the ExpLoader. I really need help since we're going on a road trip in 2 days. Here's what happens. Brother plays game. Saves. Comes back later, game save is gone. Brother gets frustrated. Starts over again. Plays for 12 hours. Goes to sleep. Wakes up, and save is gone again.

Anyways, I was wondering if this is a problem with the GBA ExpLoader itself, or if there's some kind of setting he needs to turn on, or if there's a problem with the game. Is there any way to get his save file back? If it helps, his game gives him the options to write sram to sav file, backup whole sram to sram.bin, restore sram.bin to sram, and expansion ram.

Thanks a ton in advance,

shadowhunter93

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ummm he is currently using an m3 gba expansion pak. And what do you mean the battery is dead? i just got it 4 days ago

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NEW PROBLEM NEEDS SOLVING:

My brother turned off his Fire Emblem game and told me to back it up. I do it and he turns it on to find a blank save. What is going on here? Is it a dead battery issue? If this is the case, where can i buy a new one or what do I do from here?

Many thanks in advance,
shadowhunter

Jeremytus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bumping an old thread, only because I'm having the same issues as this guy, except I can't load any saves at all, and as soon as I turn off my DS,open up GBAExpLoader, save and then load the SRAM, there's no save, just like starting a new game.

No one has any ideas?

I'm using a CycloDS evolution, btw.

leonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just JUST got a 3-in-1... figure I'm halfway computer-savvy usually, have DLDI patched ExpLoader 1.57, did all the folders the right way, using clean roms, figured out the program and how to work it on DS... and 90% of the time my saves are just gone, every time. Brand new 3-in-1. What gives?
frown.gif

triften

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same problems here. I have a brand new EZ Flash V Plus with the 3in1 Expansion. I'm using GBA ExpLoader 58a. It seems that when I try to play games in PSRAM, saves become corrupted.

Anyone?

PetMetroid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For almost everyone, try replacing the battery, even if it's new. I've heard from someone on Youtube that it is not uncommon for a brand new expansion pack to already have a dead battery from sitting on a shelf for so long. It's like buying a new watch; same thing happened to me when I realized the watch I bought for my girlfriend wouldn't proceed its time and needed a new battery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag