Hacking Possible permanent effects of kernel exploit

SDSmee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if there are any permanent effects to installing a kernel exploit / custom firmware--can it be removed? If removed, will it cause any other problems on the 3DS? If it can't be removed, can it just be left alone and ignored and the system run as normal?

Mainly asking because I asked a friend to use their old-version 3DS to put kernel exploit / custom firmware on it, then use that exploit to preform a system transfer to effectively downgrade my own 3DS and remove the kernel exploit from their system after.

Any help is appreciated :D

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I was wondering if there are any permanent effects to installing a kernel exploit / custom firmware--can it be removed? If removed, will it cause any other problems on the 3DS? If it can't be removed, can it just be left alone and ignored and the system run as normal?

Mainly asking because I asked a friend to use their old-version 3DS to put kernel exploit / custom firmware on it, then use that exploit to preform a system transfer to effectively downgrade my own 3DS and remove the kernel exploit from their system after.

Any help is appreciated :D
There's no problem at all if you let A9LH installed.

If you really want to delete it, just uninstall A9LH and you're done. No side effects nor anything "dangerous" happening to the console.

SDSmee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear that! I'll still show this thread to my friend so he knows exactly what I'm doing to his console (showed him plenty beforehand as well). Thank you so much for the help :D

Reactions: Olmectron

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Glad to hear that! I'll still show this thread to my friend so he knows exactly what I'm doing to his console (showed him plenty beforehand as well). Thank you so much for the help :D
I didn't help that much, just told you it was okay to let A9LH on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps