Possible hack for preloader

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by malverns, Feb 8, 2009.

Feb 8, 2009

Possible hack for preloader by malverns at 2:34 AM (843 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. malverns
    OP

Newcomer malverns Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    I was thinking about a hack to enable the blue light to be enabled all the time...

So when you turn your Wii on it comes on and when you turn it off it goes off.

With no experience in creating hacks I have no idea how difficult this would be to achieve. However there is currently a option to enable it for when you receive an error (on the preloader) or when your using wiiconnect24 and you email yourself.

I just think it would be a nice touch.

What do you guys think?

2. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    sending your wii and NEVER checking it, does the same thing. or, you can do a hardware hack to keep it on ALL the time.

3. malverns
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah I was thinking about doing a hardware hack but that means Ill have to unplug it every time i want to turn it off..

The email thing requires i leave wii connect 24 on... 24/7 and doing that causes graphical glitches later on down the line (i had to get my wii repaired because of it)

4. sess

Member sess GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    That's the standby option. If you disable it, it won't overheat and the blue led will turn off with your Wii.

5. malverns
    OP

United Kingdom

Yeah, I tried this.... It just kinda flashes kinda...

I know it sounds like im being picky just... I dont really feel comfortable with leaving wiiconnect 24 on.

Im sure someone out there could develop a hack to have light stay on continuously.

6. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    you are right, the light will flash a bit. i think the hardware hack is your only bet.