possible fix to error 003

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by shinjipsx, Jan 6, 2011.

Jan 6, 2011

possible fix to error 003 by shinjipsx at 4:30 AM (1,449 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. shinjipsx
    OP

Newcomer shinjipsx Newbie

United States
    I have a question .. i work in a service technician and I get a Wii for the first time with error 003, i test savemiifrii and it does, now i search tutorials to repair 003 but every time i read always says "need fakesing ios 36 to work" so i was thinking about and this is what i gonna to try.

tell me where feasible:

modified the iso castlevania judment to leave it in automatic, edit another iso of the game but this time whit priiloader main.dol so when the games starts i press eject so the wii is gonna ask me for the game and instead of inserting the normal insert disk which has the priiloader as main.dol

Does that priiloader be installed on the console with this method?

this is the method that occurred to me and do not know if it still does not prove feasible in the Wii because I do not throw more to lose than it already is ..

Greetings and I hope that this is feasible

i use google to write in english

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    this wont work. it requires that whole fakesigning thing

3. NoBot

Newcomer NoBot Member

Germany
    Priiloader requires Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 or above (probably for AHBPROT) or a patched IOS36 to be installed.

Shouldn't it be possible to exchange the drive for an older one with a modchip and use it to boot for example the Hackmii Installer?

4. giantpune

United States
    no. thats not how it work. a modchip doesnt magically bypass the signature checking done by IOS

5. NoBot

Newcomer NoBot Member

Germany
    I thought that the disc header contained a byte to tell which IOS should be used for loading, but I somehow confused that with something else. My thought was that most region changed korean Wiis would still have some cIOS on them.

6. shinjipsx
    OP

United States
    and if i try install hbc with this?

7. giantpune

United States
    trying to boot a disc with a invalid signature or data that does not match the hash tree will give the black "an error has occurred" screen usually.

8. NoBot

Newcomer NoBot Member

Germany
    You wouldn't be able to run HBC even if you managed to install it. To start HBC you need BootMii as boot2, Priiloader or a working System Menu. Also my idea wouldn't work because I got some things confused.

Currently there is no exploit that works on a korean Wii with System Menu 4.3, so the only way to fix your Wii is by using an Infectus, although I'm not even sure whether this would work in your case. DeadlyFoez knows pretty much everything about fixing bricks, so you could try to contact him.

9. shinjipsx
    OP

United States
    and if i try install hbc with ssbb???

10. suchatd

Newcomer suchatd Advanced Member

Thailand
    You can not autoboot SSBB with Recovery Menu and normal method.
    But giantpune can do but not public yet [​IMG]