Could we turn this in to Ninjhax 2.0

• Total voters

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes when I watch a long Youtube video (10-30min) the Youtube app crashes and forces me to restart my system. I have the New 3DS with 9.5.0. Could we use this to make a new homebrew? Also, does this happen to anyone else. I was thinking a stack buffer overflow would be useful but I don't know.

Reactions: Margen67

bobtheglob101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand why people think a crash immediately equals an exploit/buffer overflow/hax. 95% of the time this isn't the case especially with the security measures the 3DS has in place. Wouldn't you think Nintendo learned its lesson from the DS/Wii fiasco?

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still don't understand why people think a crash immediately equals an exploit/buffer overflow/hax. 95% of the time this isn't the case especially with the security measures the 3DS has in place. Wouldn't you think Nintendo learned its lesson from the DS/Wii fiasco?

Yeah thats probably true.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exploitable. As others have pointed out the 3ds's NX bit will stop this from being exploitable- we might get ROP, but actual code will require a lot more than just a YouTube video crash.
Besides, isn't the GW online launcher painful enough? And you want to make me watch a half hour video first as well?!? :-D

Reactions: Kelton2

frickermints

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
But what if everyone who found any crash or bug in the system reported it? Could it be possible to figure out at least something from sheer amount of exploits?
And obviously we wouldn't go around creating whole threads dedicated to a exploit, just make a sticky or something.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what if everyone who found any crash or bug in the system reported it? Could it be possible to figure out at least something from sheer amount of exploits?
And obviously we wouldn't go around creating whole threads dedicated to a exploit, just make a sticky or something.

Its posts like this that made me leave gbatemp for months at a crack. Crashes have almost zero chance of being exploitable.

frickermints

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Its posts like this that made me leave gbatemp for months at a crack. Crashes have almost zero chance of being exploitable.
I know that, I was just considering the small chance of a crash being exploitable. Then so many crashes could lead to one or two exploits.
It's kind of like button mashing in smash, just hope you land a hit or two.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I know that, I was just considering the small chance of a crash being exploitable. Then so many crashes could lead to one or two exploits.
It's kind of like button mashing in smash, just hope you land a hit or two.
You guys keep associating crashes with exploits and it really doesn't work that way. If you are able to run custom code through a fault in some software, then yes, that software will crash when that code is run. but crash does not equal exploit. Your chances of finding an exploit through a software crash are zero. These arnt the days of the original xboxs. Processors prevent custom code from simple over runs. Do you get it now? These threads are pointless and very annoying.

Reactions: dubbz82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi