Hacking Possible exploit with the Smash Bros Special Demo??

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Maybe I am missing something, or I am just stupid, but here is the video. If I am stupid or missing something please tell me.

EDIT:
Thanks for all the replys. So it turns out it was not a possible exploit.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If I am stupid or missing something please tell me.
i don't like to put people down, you're not stupid, but yeah, this is not special...
this also happens with monster hunter 4, virtual console games (or at least some), i guess some other games too.
a way to stop it is to go to the camera app from the game, and then exit the camera app.
something to do with extra memory being taken up, or something like that

VKazuo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reactions: cearp

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
I honestly don't think this is an exploitable behavior. As VKazuo has pointed out this is merely just a system reboot, due really to the limited resources of the 3DS, and is honestly a clever trick on Nintendos part. Basically when you launch the game it reboots the system in a mode that gives the game access to more memory than it otherwise would get, and the memory that is reserved for system functions is sacrificed, hence the reboot at the game exit, the system is going back into normal memory mode. But I love the attitude of trying to find and share exploits, so keep it up. :yaysp:

Reminds me of the hassle of voodoo memory management for Ultima 7.

Oxybelis

Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly don't think this is an exploitable behavior. As VKazuo has pointed out this is merely just a system reboot, due really to the limited resources of the 3DS, and is honestly a clever trick on Nintendos part.
It's anything but clever. It's sloppy engineering. It is not necessary to reboot system to release memory allocation.

Mikecrowfone

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's anything but clever. It's sloppy engineering. It is not necessary to reboot system to release memory allocation.

What if the system was unloaded from memory and there is not enough memory to reload system after exiting SSB thus necessitating a reboot?

Nevermind. If you chose to load another app/game instead of closing SSB directly, a reboot is not needed.

sweis12

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I just have one question. Why did they not do this wtih X/Y? X/Y had alot of lag problems, this might of been able to fix it.

Reactions: VKazuo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)