Ayy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shitpost or you don't know what are you talking about!

How does that work? How can you add anything to switch games?
I was wondering if we could execute codes/commands injected in wii u maps on the switch ver.

Last edited by SjorsMaster,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Kubas_inko was wondering how you ported the map over at all. Is there an option in game? Did you port it over via SD card? Currently, there's no way to alter save data (publicly) on the Switch.

SjorsMaster

Ayy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think Kubas_inko was wondering how you ported the map over at all. Is there an option in game? Did you port it over via SD card? Currently, there's no way to alter save data (publicly) on the Switch.
There is a "transfer map/world" option in game.

SjorsMaster

Ayy
OP
Trophies
Website
www.sjors.eu
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everything is written in code. You just can't edit the saves, because they are on saved on Switch itself.
You can't reach the switch's saves, but you can on the wii u's, before you send them over.

An example would be the exploit on 3ds' RPG maker from source 3ds to target 3ds with RPG maker player.

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I tried to port over a Minecraft map from the WiiU to the Nintendo switch,
which had hacked items in it.
It seemed to work fine on the wii u,
but keeps crashing on the switch.
Is it possible to transfer code/data via this to launch something via the sd card?
ok so In Minecraft Switch version is there a option to transfer maps?

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what he's wanting to know is if you can get a hacked save file on the wiiu, and transfer that hacked save file from the wiiu to the switch via minecrafts in-game map transfer option

Reactions: Quantumcat

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to transfer code/data via this to launch something via the sd card?
tbh this isn't a bad idea, and it could work. Unfortunately I don't have the skills for something like this

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think this is a really GOOD idea. I apologize for the negativity, try to ignore those posts. I suppose since the WiiU itself is hacked, perhaps a map could be edited to include (or perhaps just be) a payload, which could then be transferred to the Switch (as you said, you have ALREADY successfully transferred a save, it is just crashing the Switch if I understand correctly?). That is exactly how Ninjhax, OOTHax, BaseHax, and pretty much all the other ...Hax worked on 3DS, it is not a stretch to think something similar could be done on the Switch.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Long story short? No.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think this is a really GOOD idea. I apologize for the negativity, try to ignore those posts. I suppose since the WiiU itself is hacked, perhaps a map could be edited to include (or perhaps just be) a payload, which could then be transferred to the Switch (as you said, you have ALREADY successfully transferred a save, it is just crashing the Switch if I understand correctly?). That is exactly how Ninjhax, OOTHax, BaseHax, and pretty much all the other ...Hax worked on 3DS, it is not a stretch to think something similar could be done on the Switch.
What you're suggesting requires an entry point. Crashes don't exactly mean entry point or exploit.

Seriously, don't read too much into it. It sounds like the switch just can't read the modified file.

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

I think it is possible as I have been playing around with this for a while. However, we would need to find an exploit in the code from Minecraft. And I don't know if anyone is skilled in doing that?

And to all the haters in this post: Twilight Princess worked the same way!

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i agree people are being too negative. crashes have allowed for exploitation so for someone uninformed to suggest such a thing isn't stupid even if wrong.
There is a big difference about a game crashing because of being unable to read a file, and a game crashing because of a buffer overflow.

Reactions: BvanBart

kehkou

does what Nintendon't
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree people are being too negative. crashes have allowed for exploitation so for someone uninformed to suggest such a thing isn't stupid even if wrong.
Not stupid at all, just curious. But look at it this way, a crash almost never means an exploit, so much as actual exploits, by function, just so happen to crash the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ack slow wifi