Hacking Possible dead DS mode for this 3DS or something else?

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, to summarize, I got this European 3DS in firmware 3.0.0.5E, and curious thing is that trying to load the R4 SDHC (www.r4isdhc.hk) DS Flashcart just causes the 3DS to flash white for a split second (I see the white screen has the DS border/size) then "Program Closed / Sleep Mode" screen.

I have tried this flashcart with multiple 3DS unit and even some NDS Lite units and that flashcart works in all of them except this one. Any possible leads on why does this issue happen on this specific unit only?

Last edited by StriderVM,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Maybe it requires at least firmware 4.1. What firmware were the other 3DS on that it worked in? You may as well update the console to 4.x (find a game that contains the right firmware, someone will point you to a list) as you will need it at 4.x to use any CFW (don't go beyond 4.5 as you don't have a browser, so won't be able to do anything post-4.5).

Reactions: Margen67 and Zidapi

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I've just bought a Sky3DS for rectify that but it will take a least a month for that to arrive sadly.

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update :

I have tried a Galaxy Eagle i, and it also doesn't work! Just a white flash then "Program Closed / Sleep Mode" screen.

I even tested a legit NDS game as well. (Spyro Shadow Legacy) Same behaviour

So anybody else gotten any similar problem?

Also I'm from the Philippines, and finding original euro games is just about impossible. The ones being sold in stores are typically US region 3DS games.

Last edited by StriderVM,

AutumnWolf

JRPG enjoyer, Xenoblade, YS and DQ connoisseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Update :

I have tried a Galaxy Eagle i, and it also doesn't work! Just a white flash then "Program Closed / Sleep Mode" screen. I even tested a legit NDS game as well. (Spyro Shadow Legacy)

So anybody else gotten any similar problem?

Also I'm from the Philippines, and finding original euro games is just about impossible. The ones being sold in stores are typically US region 3DS games.
Try updating your flashcards kernel and flashcard firm

Reactions: Margen67

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
try formatting the system
First thing I did when I got this 3DS. Same issue. :(

Try updating your flashcards kernel and flashcard firm
Both flashcarts have the latest available firmware. Also the legit Spyro NDS game doesn't work on this system as well. Although the game is US Region. As far as I can remember NDS isn't region locked.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
I know that if dsbricker is run on a 3ds then dsmode is bricked, but if you format it its unbricked, maybe your flashcart bricked your ds mode when you used it and then just format your system and the legit game should work and maybe try to stop your flashcart from bricking your ds mode if you plan to use it

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Try installing nvram with the gateway firmware. That should repair your ds mode profile if it can be fixed.

(o/c you need to update to 4.1 - 4.5 first which you should do anyway)

Last edited by zoogie,

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Try installing nvram with the gateway firmware. That should repair your ds mode profile if it can be fixed.

(o/c you need to update to 4.1 - 4.5 first which you should do anyway)

Well, the real issue is not necessarily DS Mode Profile. The problem seems to be that any DS games just white screen and then crash on this 3DS.

Also, that NVRAM? Can you show a tutorial or something? I cannot use the Gateway launcher since the 3DS is in 3.0.0.5E firmware.

ironmaster49

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the real issue is not necessarily DS Mode Profile. The problem seems to be that any DS games just white screen and then crash on this 3DS.

Also, that NVRAM? Can you show a tutorial or something? I cannot use the Gateway launcher since the 3DS is in 3.0.0.5E firmware.
Id say just update the 3ds to 4.5 or anything below 9.2 with a game card

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

For NVRAM you'll have to get into the gateway menu which you can't. I though NVRAM was only for the new 3DS. Maybe Strider can elaborate.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
For NVRAM you'll have to get into the gateway menu which you can't. I though NVRAM was only for the new 3DS. Maybe Strider can elaborate.
nvram is actually where the DS profile exploit is stored (on both o3DS and n3DS), assuming the NVRAM chip could actually be faulty then i assume that system settings would have issues showing the ds profile info....tbh im thinking it may actually be a partially updated system, iirc downgrading TWL_FIRM to the version from 1.x/2.x resulted in DS carts doing the same thing as described here.....if thats the case updating to 4.x should fix it

PS the fact formatting didnt fix it suggests its not a issue of something like DSBricker, as that would be fixed after formatting the system as that just messed up the NVRAM which is wiped when performing a system format

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update. Looks like any app that uses the Camera will crash as well. Seems like the firmware in this 3DS is borked or something. I guess the only solution is to get a Euro 3DS game to upgrade this system.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
He should first check if he has a browser, then update to 4.5, not higher.
cause if he has no browser, he's screwed if he updates to anything higher then 4.5.
then once on 4.5 and if he's been able to run GW menu then he can use sysupdater to update to anything higher then 4.5 and 9.2 or below so he gets a fresh full install of all system files.

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
There's a browse, I assume it's version 5 because the firmware is 3.0.0.5 :P

So now I'm trying to get a Sky3DS.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Seems like the TWL_FIRM is fucked up.
When i screwed around with mine I got the same result when trying to load any DS game.

So perhaps there's that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Happy birthday! +1