Possible bricked PSP?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Bently, May 31, 2010.

May 31, 2010

Possible bricked PSP? by Bently at 4:27 AM (1,086 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. Bently
    OP

Member Bently GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Okay, so my uncle he has a PSP 1000 from back in 06-07, and it was modded to some firmware i was unaware of (since at the time I didnt know squat about PSP custom firmwares). Anyways a few months ago (like December) while helping a friend mod his PSP 1000, I helped my uncle upgrade his firmware to 5.50 Gen D3 (the latest CFW) and it worked perfectly.

Today, when I was at my cousins place, my uncle had said that the PSP couldn't turn on (but the power light was on) and said that the battery was dead or something. Personally I had begged to differ, since when I took out the battery and plugged in the charger and tried turning it on, It was exactly the same.

After I told him it was most likely the PSP's fault, and he said something about a game he put on that possibly made it bricked.
    What should I do? (I even tried recovery mode but that failed & P.S i dont have a pandora battery handy)

EDIT: I found a MS Pro Duo reader, and I found a tutorial with the MMS and pandora program... Ill try that and see if it works.

2. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
  3. pkl2007

Newcomer pkl2007 Advanced Member

Australia
    yeah i ended up buying a new psp, i backed up my nand this time also.

4. Bently
    OP

Canada
    Well im definitely sure that I didn't brick it while flashing the CFW. So that option is out, but If i wanted to know how it really got bricked, I should have asked my uncle about it.

5. xist

United Kingdom
    Neither did he though...

He just couldn't fix it by reflashing.

6. Bently
    OP

Canada
    Heres an update, I just tried turning on the PSP after I had removed 3 games from the memory stick and it worked. It's odd though let me try eliminating one game and see which one is faulty.

7. xist

United Kingdom
    Unusual, but good that you solved the issue.

8. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    When I got my PSP initially I bricked it. I just bought a Pandora battery and now it's all fine and dandy. Just follow the Pandora/MMS guide here and it'll unbrick your PSP and install CFW. If it ever gets bricked again too you'll have a Pandora battery around.

9. Bently
    OP

Canada
    Turns out that It wasn't bricked, it was just that the 'Ape Academy' game my uncle dled and put on the MS was faulty (it hangs on the PSP beginning screen when you load a game). So I just deleted that, and all was good.