Homebrew possible ARM11 kernel hack on 10.5

ThunderDemon3DS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Moar stability Nintendo plz.
Well updated my New 3DS now on Emunand 10.7 with Reinand as my CFW and my Sysnand at 9.2 and working fine.

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Here's the last missing dump attached.
Got it using reinand 2.1
yay thanks !! that was the last missing data to get 100% compatibility :D

pushed to github and also updated the test app in the first post.

all system versions up to 10.7 should be supported now, ( can't confirm for n3DS since it still needs to be tested ).

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been considering to downgrade my 3DS for some time, and I've been reading this guide in preparation. However, there are a few questions I wish to ask:

I happen to have a 3DS compatible Action Replay DSi (which still works, as I just checked it using my mother's DSi) which I think is only compatible with firmware as recent as 9.0 (correct me if I'm wrong). I want to know which is better: downgrading to 9.0, or 9.2. Is there really any difference between the two? What would you recommend I downgrade to?

If I downgrade to 9.2, will I still be able to downgrade to 9.0? And if I downgrade to 9.0, can I still update back to 9.2? Would I still be able to follow that guide while on 9.0, or would I have to find another? And can I use safesysUpdater to downgrade to 9.0, or do I have to use the regular old sysUpdater?

If I have CFW set up on one version, would I still keep it when switching to the other, or do I have to start from scratch? When upgrading to a bigger microSD card with more storage, can I simply copy the contents from one SD card to another and still keep my emuNAND, or would I have to start over? And is the step where I have to backup the contents of my SD card to a computer really necessary, or does it really wipe the SD card clean?

Oh, and what do I do if I get stuck with a partial downgrade/frankenfirmware (I'm using an old3ds on 10.6.0-31U)?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me and answer my questions!

(P.S: I'm not quite sure if this was the right place to put this, so sorry if it isn't... If I can be redirected to a more appropriate place, then please let me know!)

KaduPSE

Revolution and cake
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I've been considering to downgrade my 3DS for some time, and I've been reading this guide in preparation. However, there are a few questions I wish to ask:

I happen to have a 3DS compatible Action Replay DSi (which still works, as I just checked it using my mother's DSi) which I think is only compatible with firmware as recent as 9.0 (correct me if I'm wrong). I want to know which is better: downgrading to 9.0, or 9.2. Is there really any difference between the two? What would you recommend I downgrade to?

If I downgrade to 9.2, will I still be able to downgrade to 9.0? And if I downgrade to 9.0, can I still update back to 9.2? Would I still be able to follow that guide while on 9.0, or would I have to find another? And can I use safesysUpdater to downgrade to 9.0, or do I have to use the regular old sysUpdater?

If I have CFW set up on one version, would I still keep it when switching to the other, or do I have to start from scratch? When upgrading to a bigger microSD card with more storage, can I simply copy the contents from one SD card to another and still keep my emuNAND, or would I have to start over? And is the step where I have to backup the contents of my SD card to a computer really necessary, or does it really wipe the SD card clean?

Oh, and what do I do if I get stuck with a partial downgrade/frankenfirmware (I'm using an old3ds on 10.6.0-31U)?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me and answer my questions!

(P.S: I'm not quite sure if this was the right place to put this, so sorry if it isn't... If I can be redirected to a more appropriate place, then please let me know!)

If you get stuck just boot recovery mode and update back, 10.7 is still exploitable, but you will need a OoT or Cubic Ninja. You can install a patched TWL_FIRM that will allow old DSi carts to work on the 3DS.

Reactions: astronautlevel

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
If you get stuck just boot recovery mode and update back, 10.7 is still exploitable, but you will need a OoT or Cubic Ninja. You can install a patched TWL_FIRM that will allow old DSi carts to work on the 3DS.
Given that he already has homebrew on 10.6 (presumably) then he should be able to get 10.7 homebrew as well :)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Yeah, put rainbow text because unicorns are life.

But i have a question, is this version of memchunkhax more stable than memchunkhax2? I want to downgrade a 3ds of a friend and have the highest sucess rate.

I've not heard of many reports of soft bricks with this one, and on my end, the test 3dsx boots roughly 40% of the time, so that's already leagues better than the old memchunkhax2.

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
@zoogie if it is not too much trouble, could you please you run the attached file on with the 9.5 firm and give me the output,

the 9.5 one is still giving troubles and refuses to load the exploit on n3ds :/

Attachments

• svchax_PAtest.zip
    105.6 KB · Views: 101

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
@zoogie if it is not too much trouble, could you please you run the attached file on with the 9.5 firm and give me the output,

the 9.5 one is still giving troubles and refuses to load the exploit on n3ds :/
Ok, it shows
k version 2.49.0
guessed PA 0x2ED74000
real PA 0x2ED73000

2nd
guessed 0x2ED73000
real 0x2ED72000

3rd
guessed 0x2ED73000
real 0x2ED72000

Last edited by zoogie,
Reactions: aliaspider

aliaspider

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Ok, it shows
k version 2.49.0
guessed PA 0x2ED74000
real PA 0x2ED73000

2nd
guessed 0x2ED73000
real 0x2ED72000

3rd
guessed 0x2ED73000
real 0x2ED72000
cool thanks a lot ! so it was indeed wrong .

I've updated the test, don't know if it will work this time...

Attachments

• svchax_test.zip
    88.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by aliaspider,

Ace Koopa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I successfully downgraded my 3DS... Now, what is the recommended homebrew app for CFW and emuNAND? Preferably one that DOESN'T require me to backup all my downloaded game saves...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: