Hacking Possible 9.5 exploit?

SonyUSA

We're all mad here
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, sometimes I don't even see a reason to bother.

1) This person doesn't know how to actually implement an exploit. All he did was find a PoC webkit vuln and run it.
2) It seems like half of you people here think that this will let Gateway and others support newer sysnand. The ARM11 kernel and ARM9 exploits they were using were patched.

This does indeed crash a New 3DS web browser (I tried it) it seems to exit the browser gracefully and produce an error, which may mean it's not an exploitable crash.

What this -may- become is an entrypoint for 9.2 and LOWER on New3DS to be able to run Gateway without a prepared game to launch it.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to get it working but I couldn't patch in the fly, all I got was this.

PC080008.JPG

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
In this video he claims to be using the exploit on New 3DS with software between 9.0 and 9.5, although he gives no proof about 9.5 and about his 3DS it's actually a New 3DS (or at least I can't distinguish). Looks pretty fake to me

that is a NEW 3ds, he shows the coloured buttons and the little stick, but you can tell its really a NEW 3ds because the browser layout, the 3ds and the N3ds browser are different...

Reactions: puss2puss

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This does indeed crash a New 3DS web browser (I tried it) it seems to exit the browser gracefully and produce an error, which may mean it's not an exploitable crash.

Well, if your ROP chain is messed up you do get that crash behavior and pop-up for mset/Spider entry points on O3DS.

What this -may- become is an entrypoint for 9.2 and LOWER on New3DS to be able to run Gateway without a prepared game to launch it.

Yeah, that is what I was thinking too.

Nice to see you BTW. Where you been keeping yourself? ;p

Reactions: MrJason005

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

That would be PERFECT!
It's all I wish at the moment so that my Gateway+N3DS finally get some proper action. XD

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Serious Question. Has any of the "possible exploits" EVER found in the history of consoles (with the exception of the ones found by real devs who know that they are doing) by average people ever lead to an actual exploit? One again this is a serious question.

typ0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serious Question. Has any of the "possible exploits" EVER found in the history of consoles (with the exception of the ones found by real devs who know that they are doing) by average people ever lead to an actual exploit? One again this is a serious question.
Define average person, anyone that isn't a real dev? That is a broad spectrum. If you are talking about someone who has no knowledge of code etc I would still say yes, they could have told/showed someone who knows what they were doing and that could have lead to an actual exploit.

There are still loads of exploits that aren't taken advantage of, mainly because the outcome they lead to is pointless. Some things are patched and some things are overlooked / ignored on purpose due to time restraints or deadlines for a project.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In this video he claims to be using the exploit on New 3DS with software between 9.0 and 9.5, although he gives no proof about 9.5 and about his 3DS it's actually a New 3DS (or at least I can't distinguish). Looks pretty fake to me

You actually can tell it's a N3DS (The spacing of the blue and orange LEDs as well as the colored ABXY buttons) but since it's on 9.0 it still means nothing.

puss2puss

.. well ..
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You actually can tell it's a N3DS (The spacing of the blue and orange LEDs as well as the colored ABXY buttons) but since it's on 9.0 it still means nothing.

yes you can tell its a new3ds, you see the extra joystick (small nub..) if you dont, put your brightness higher and you'il see it..i clearly see it..for what its worth..

EDIT- didnt read correctly..i tought you wrote ''you cant actually tell..'' :bow:
..:grog:

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're on the topic of "is this real?"

Anyone know if this person is serious? http://twitter.com/proj3ds

I remember them. Yeah, this guy is making another CFW/Homebrew Launcher. Basically the whole thread turned into a flame war that he had to move on to twitter, because people assumed he was fake immediately and he also updated and canceled. He got another 3DS though and has been working on it since. (Apparently he's getting slight help from Roxas75)

Reactions: Margen67

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-